What is your contribution to your country?

I'm currently SOAKED in patriotic fervor hence the thread.

JFK's famous quote says "Ask not what the country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country."

So what are you doing for your country? Or if not currently contributing in any way directly, what would you LIKE to do for your country? How would you help it?

Spill and share!

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Being informed and villigent. Standing up for both what is right, highlighting & fixing what is wrong. Involvement and creating change. I think that is the duty of all citizens.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Nil as of now. But, I'm working on a robot that will help in surveillance in tight situations.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Every good thing I do, helps my country. I wish to create better systems (generic) for the betterment of people's lives around the world.
  • justaglance
    justaglance
    A drop of contribution to our country.

Providing studies to children who are suffering financially. Along with my school friends, at present we are helping three children to do their studies for this year.
    Hope we increase our numbers in next year. πŸ˜›
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    justaglance
    A drop of contribution to our country.

Providing studies to children who are suffering financially. Along with my school friends, at present we are helping three children to do their studies for this year.
    Hope we increase our numbers in next year. πŸ˜›
    Thats quite noble of you all. Wish you success! πŸ˜€

Hm my contribution is being a law abiding citizen and help the economy by spending *grin*

In terms of engineering, no contributions as yet from me. More in planning stages..too much time spent on prototypes rather than actual products that could be useful! Would probably be more active in contributions once I'm released from the shackles of tertiary education, obviously.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am planning to establish a NGO.

It takes a bit of time , will post here someday when everything is ready πŸ˜€
  • justaglance
    justaglance
    ash
    Thats quite noble of you all. Wish you success! πŸ˜€

Hm my contribution is being a law abiding citizen and help the economy by spending *grin*

In terms of engineering, no contributions as yet from me. More in planning stages..too much time spent on prototypes rather than actual products that could be useful! Would probably be more active in contributions once I'm released from the shackles of tertiary education, obviously.
    @ Ash

Thanks for your wishes πŸ˜€
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    Used to teach basic computer to blind girls of 7th-8th standard at school of poona blind girls.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    RadhikaDeshpande
    Used to teach basic computer to blind girls of 7th-8th standard at school of poona blind girls.
    That's nice initiative.

Biggie had inspired me to write this post (What is my contribution to India’s vision? | Mayur's blog) on my blog about 2 months back. Besides making several donations since the time I started earning,I also used to teach children of 'Ashram School' in Nagpur during my very early college days.

As Ash said, one thing I can do now is to be corruption free myself. I had long back decided not to break traffic rules, not to bribe any official and ask for bills where ever I go, however small the purchase might be.

I will never settle down in a foreign country because they pay more or the life is better there.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey engineers, YouTube - Video Demo | MST - Media Searching Technology Search in all your media library using Media Searching Technology, aka MST. The innovative tool that make watching...
Are there any metal heads/rockers in the house?? Please post bands you like..Try and post names of unknown bands that are good or songs of popular bands that you think...
CEans, I wish to know what are the most modern database recovery techniques available today. I'd like to know the procedures involved. My interest is especially in recovering a MYSQL...
The DB experts may have more to say about this question - What exactly goes wrong in a database when it crashes? Is it simply just another way of saying...
hello ....... m using vista home edition... few days ago i uninstalled my yahoo messenger... then i again tried to reinstall......but it was showing "installation has been interrupted" i tried...