Any 70s and 80s music lovers??

Are there any metal heads/rockers in the house?? Please post bands you like..Try and post names of unknown bands that are good or songs of popular bands that you think people haven't heard of !!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Lot of people haven't heard of LOBO! Awesome songs!

I personally like The Shadows, The Strangers et al ๐Ÿ˜.

There are many Chinese, Japanese, Korean musicians which we haven't heard of!
  • gohm
    gohm
    not enough space to post them all, having grown up during that time period just a couple...

80s
    def leppard
    judas priest
    ratt
    iron maiden
    human league
    berlin

70s
    queen
    david bowie
    steve miller band
    lynard skynard
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    @biggie

My dad likes Lobo, so I've heard some of their songs. In fact, I believe that one of their songs (I'd love you to want me) was used in an early advertisement for TATA Indica..I like the songs I've heard.

Have you heard, "you and me and a dog named boo"..nice song for driving...i usually listen to lobo while driving

@gohm

Our tastes seem kinda similar (judas, maiden, skynyrd, queen are some of my fav bands too)

Haven't heard of human league though...what genre do they play??

Has anyone heard Alan Parson's Project..they are a psychedelic kinda band...some of their songs are pretty nice (eye in the sky, mammagamma, etc)

Here is mammagamma on youtube:
    the alan parsons project - mammagamma - YouTube
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    @gohm have you heard Rainbow?? You must..It has Ritchie Blackmore As the lead guitarist!! Need I say more!! ๐Ÿ˜
  • gohm
    gohm
    You bet! along with Ronnie J Dio. I am impressed you are familar with the band mad scientist.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    ๐Ÿ˜ Its one of my favorites.. Speaking of Dio, how can I forget the daddy of it all!! Black Sabbath!!

Have you seen "Heavy - The Story of Metal". It a 4 part documentary that aired on the History Channel some time back. Very very interesting stuff. They tell you how did heavy metal come into being!!

Did you know, it all started with Black Sabbath, and it started with a horrible accident!
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Any Motley Crue fans out there?? Some of their songs worth listening to (even if you're not a fan):

Home Sweet Home(- YouTube), Glitter (- YouTube)
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Thin Lizzy anyone?? Here is 'Whiskey in the jar', the original version (metallica covered it FYI)

Thin Lizzy-Whiskey in the jar - YouTube [u-tube]
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    megadeth anyone?? Some songs worth listening to :

She Wolf, A Secret place, almost honest, mastermind, tout le monde!!
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    I like some Metallica songs.

Nothing else matters, Unforgiven I/II/III, Whiskey in the jar, I disappear, Fuel, ...to name a few.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    here's a different version of Whiskey in the jar. Its by Thin Lizzy. This is not the original. Actually this is a very old Irish song, and has been sung by many many people over the years including The Dubliners, Thin Lizzy and of course Metallica

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • evelynz8735
    evelynz8735
    mad_scientist
    Are there any metal heads/rockers in the house?? Please post bands you like..Try and post names of unknown bands that are good or songs of popular bands that you think people haven't heard of !!

Thanks you for the post.
    Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    New wave pop? Hmmm, I'm sure I don't know what that sounds like!! ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, I wish to know what are the most modern database recovery techniques available today. I'd like to know the procedures involved. My interest is especially in recovering a MYSQL...
The DB experts may have more to say about this question - What exactly goes wrong in a database when it crashes? Is it simply just another way of saying...
hello ....... m using vista home edition... few days ago i uninstalled my yahoo messenger... then i again tried to reinstall......but it was showing "installation has been interrupted" i tried...
hi friends m in 3rd year (ECE) and i wanna go for some some additional courses. so regarding that i wanna know will it be better for me to do...
Hey can anyone give me some ideas or any designs for T-shirt Civil Engineers..???๐Ÿ˜• Please its a crises..!!!โ˜•๐Ÿ˜ญ PS : - Sorry MODS if this is not the right place...