what is the formula

what is the equation that governs the relationship between the speed of an automobile moving on the road and the speed of its prime mover?

now to define my problem more clearly, here is an example:

an automobile has to be designed such that , it has to be powered by an electric motor

the following values have been specified as data:

the maximum road speed (km/h)
maximum payload (kg)
mass of the entire vehicle (kg)
wheel diameter (m)
the vehicle is single speed and motor is coupled to the rear axle by bevel gears,

what we have to determine:

max torque of the motor
horse power of the motor
speed of the motor (rpm)

i already have the formula to determine the torque. what is the formula to determine the required horse power and speed of motor provided we assume any values of the number of bevel gear tooth

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    That's simple.

Power= RPMX Torque.

Now this power will be in SI units, you can easily convert it in to HP.

caution: This power will be available at the power shaft. The actual power through engine would be greater. Consider losses.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Ankit Engineering Trade: Civil Location: Delhi Occupation: I am Civil Engineer in a Navratna PSU. Hobbies & Interests: Well it includes a huge list 😁 but briefly i would...
Hi, I have a problem these days. I have a PC with two internet connection. Now I want to use both internet connection simultaneously. I want to use one connection...
Hello all!! I want to implement a project "Automatic control of dish antenna" The antenna must be able to align itself in the direction where the signal strength is maximum...
Saw an update on their site : https://rac.gov.in/ guys any inputs
A CRAZY ENGINEER............. A FADOO STUDENT LEADER......... A SHY LOVER........ . . . . . . . . & I THINK I HAVE DESCRIBED MYSELF !!!!!!!!😛 sorry, well i'm vikas...