How use two Internet connection on a same PC

Hi, I have a problem these days. I have a PC with two internet connection. Now I want to use both internet connection simultaneously. I want to use one connection for downloading and another for browsing. I searched a lot but did not find a free (open source ) and proper software. Kindly help me guys.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    can you explain your set up indetails??

I am interested to know if you have 2 NICs or you have router to 2ISPs and then a single NIC on your computer.. or any other useful information?
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    I have one WiFi and One 3g USB Modem Connection. Now I wanted to use both of them, but for different use, i.e. one for downloading and one for browsing.
  • suresh555
    suresh555
    I THINK IS NOT POSSIBLE TO USE BOTH CONNECTIONS IN ONE SYSTEM..ANY WAY U CAN USE ANY ONE CONNNECTION FOR BOTH(DOWNLOADS OR BROWSING ) OR U NEED TO HAVE TWO PC'S TO USE 2 CONNECTIONS
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#, avoid using ALL CAPS.
  • suresh555
    suresh555
    OK ( THIS IS LAST )
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    πŸ˜”.

I found a program named ForceBindIP [#-Link-Snipped-#]. But it is not working on my Windows 7 64 bit. πŸ˜”
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ^^ From that url,

Due to the APIs required, ForceBindIP will only run on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003. It will not function on Win9x/WinME.
    I think win7 might not be supported too.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    This is an experimental suggestion:
    If you want two connections but don't want to use two different computers, try simulating two machines.

I mean to say, run an OS from a virtual machine and use that to handle downloading
    ( To be crazy, install win xp inside win 7 AND use ForcebindIP in the virtual win xp ^^)
    Gotta try and see if it works!
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    eternalthinker thanks for your reply, but i don't want to use virtual system technique. As I want save my system resources. I already know this.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Okay!
    There are also some very very light versions of linux which you can run inside windows without a virtualization software. I doubt to what extend the environments would be isolated. Anyway you might want to try that too πŸ˜€
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    ya sure, I am interested for this. Can you tell me some of them.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Check out Damn small linux : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    eternalthinker
    Check out Damn small linux : #-Link-Snipped-#
    This one is really old and now a better and small linux have come... Search and check it out...
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    #-Link-Snipped-# Cool! Which one is that?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    eternalthinker
    #-Link-Snipped-# Cool! Which one is that?
    Not sure buddy.. Will search and say... 15 MB Linux... πŸ˜›
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ok, there is this idea.
    Get a wireless router which supports3G modem read here :#-Link-Snipped-#

this will enable you to share internet between your wireless eithernet and 3g modem, but I am not sure if it will allow you to filter the packets

You can connect your ethernet and usb to this router and share itnernet. check it out
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    Thanks everyone for your reply. My main aim is to use both internet connection without spending more money and laptop resources.

For now I came up with a temporarily solution. I am using #-Link-Snipped-# for creating a proxy server (for 3g usb modem). By using this I am able to download on utorrent via proxy and browsing via wifi.

But that proxy sever is not working with any other applicaton (IDM, or any web browser).
  • gandhi vishrut
    gandhi vishrut
    Kishan Gupta
    Hi, I have a problem these days. I have a PC with two internet connection. Now I want to use both internet connection simultaneously. I want to use one connection for downloading and another for browsing. I searched a lot but did not find a free (open source ) and proper software. Kindly help me guys.

u can try downloading in an OS virtually using vmware and can simultaneouly try surfing from the main OS
  • ypagrawal
    ypagrawal
    Kishan Gupta
    Thanks everyone for your reply. My main aim is to use both internet connection without spending more money and laptop resources.

For now I came up with a temporarily solution. I am using #-Link-Snipped-# for creating a proxy server (for 3g usb modem). By using this I am able to download on utorrent via proxy and browsing via wifi.

But that proxy sever is not working with any other applicaton (IDM, or any web browser).

I'm curious reading the question. did you find a better solution?
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    ypagrawal
    I'm curious reading the question. did you find a better solution?
    No, not yet. Still using same proxy server for downloading on utorrent.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello all!! I want to implement a project "Automatic control of dish antenna" The antenna must be able to align itself in the direction where the signal strength is maximum...
Saw an update on their site : https://rac.gov.in/ guys any inputs
A CRAZY ENGINEER............. A FADOO STUDENT LEADER......... A SHY LOVER........ . . . . . . . . & I THINK I HAVE DESCRIBED MYSELF !!!!!!!!πŸ˜› sorry, well i'm vikas...
Name:Abdulla Ajmal Engineering Trade: Civil Engineering Current Location: UAE(United Arab Emirates) Occupation: Student😎 Hobbies & Interests: football ,cricket , Car Racing and Modification I joined CrazyEngineers because: To knw More...
Check this robotic Cheetah developed by the talented engineers at DARPA:- What think ya? 😨 I already imagine being chased by a robotic cheetah; when the robots invade the Earth.