What is SOCKET in TCPIP ?

Can anyone explain with real examples ?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    May be you know about it.. but I am adding here.
    Sockets are nothing but communication between two protocols.
    All the web-services works on basics of sockets using api's which makes socket programming very easy.
    Like video chatting from android phone while other person desktop.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    godfather
    Can anyone explain with real examples ?
    You may get different answers for this question depending on the context, In my opinion, Socket is a file descriptor (yup 😀), just that it is used on the network rather than on the local system.We use Socket() function to create a socket, then we bind that socket, with some address and port, and then use it to send and receive data. That's pretty much about socket, rest are minute working and implementation details which may depend on language being used etc..😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    TCPIPCLIENT is one type of SOCKET right ?

When we Open CrazyEngineers it opens one socket on the server right?
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    godfather
    TCPIPCLIENT is one type of SOCKET right ?

When we Open CrazyEngineers it opens one socket on the server right?
    I don't know about TCPIPCLIENT. Could u give me a link to it?. And yes it does opens the socket when we connect to it.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    rahul69
    I don't know about TCPIPCLIENT. Could u give me a link to it?. And yes it does opens the socket when we connect to it.
    Sorry my mistake I mean HTTP Client.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

General Electric (GE) has launched industrial internet that helps predict and prevent electrical grid outages. The system connects with all the existing system components including grid power equipment, sensors and...
When a six legged robot and a six rotor robot helicopter are mated, one would expect sparks to fly. This one walks, dances a jive, flies and grabs things on...
The world is gradually moving towards 'thinner' electronics and electronic circuits are now making their way to the paper. So the next time you hand over your business card -...
A 50 KW Plug and play wind turbine that goes into a standard 40' container is a path breaking innovation. https://upriseenergy.com/50kw-portable-power-center
Just stumbled upon enchant.js - a javascript framework that rapidifies the game development using a collection of graphic elements which can be used to create games for browsers. These games...