What is restful web services and why it is important for mobile based application

What is resful service and why it is important for mobile based application I have heard about - JASON and XML coming under the restful services. Can anyone tell me in detail?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Are you aware of the REST ( REpresentational State Transfer) in the context of web service? I believe reading about REST would be the right start point. I'm quite sure the computer science experts will be able to help you here.
  • Chinu1
    Chinu1
    REST define a place of architectural values by which you can diagram Web services that hub on a system's property, together with how resource states are addressed and transferred over HTTP by a wide range of clients written in dissimilar languages. If deliberate by the number of Web services that use it, REST has emerged in the last few years alone as a main Web service design model.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    hare singh nayak
    What is resful service and why it is important for mobile based application I have heard about - JASON and XML coming under the restful services. Can anyone tell me in detail?
    That's a wonderful question you've asked. If you are into mobile apps development, you might've seen that mobile apps have to talk to storage layer using web services. The type of content that mobile users consume and create is largely unstructured consisting of documents, images, audio, video, etc.

The mobile apps could use web services to talk to an application server that acts as a proxy between the mobile app and the storage layer, but that's not always the most efficient method.
    Therefore, the RESTFUL Web Services are designed to efficiently handle unstructured content for mobile and web applications and doesn't have any inherent limitations on how and where users can consume content. And it does this all securely, efficiently, and in a cost effective manner.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here 😀 Let's rock n roll pal. Name: Danny Setyawan *Engineering Trade:Telecommunication Location: Medan, Indonesia *Occupation: Working ( i was an engineer at telco cellular...
Lava's been one of the popular brand names in Indian mobile markets scene, but the company's focusing on developing apps in addition to making hardware. Lava Fusion Player is a...
CEans, Here's a quick announcement of the new 'rule' we're making mandatory for everyone. From now on, every post should be at least 50 characters long. That means, the system...
I'll dedicate this debate to all those who're preparing for GRE. I sometimes get frustrated to see most of these guys use totally alien words in their communication - that...
suggest me the mechanism that is responsible for moving of toys when it is keyed..... if possible suggest sites so that i can get real picture....