What are the biggest misconceptions society has about engineers?

What do you think are the biggest misconceptions society has about engineers? I'm especially focusing on the misconceptions the non-engineers have about engineers.

Here's one: Being an engineer - they expect I can fix any gadget in a minute ๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Correction : Not any gadget, but even household things like fan, tubelight, tv and anything else ๐Ÿ˜›
  • lal
    lal
    Actually right now, the misconceptions are taking an opposite turn ๐Ÿ˜ People started saying "Oh, he is an engineer. He knows nothing. Just like tens of thousands of other engineers trying hard to secure even the pass mark in the university." They have started to laugh silently at engineering graduates.

They think all are same. Yeah, we know that we'll prove them wrong, but they don't. It is just a matter of time.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    For me, a big one is that we are highly paid.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    CE Designer
    For me, a big one is that we are highly paid.
    lol
    ๐Ÿ‘
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Misconception number 3 : we are supposed to be "know-it-alls." from preparing tea to the fabrication of a rocket, we are supposed to everything about anything.
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    Here's another one: Requests from the parents of school students in the neighbourhood during their ward's examination to suggest a few important questions that have a high probability of appearing in their question papers, especially science and math. If you refuse, you are branded as 'Rude', 'Mean', etc, etc,...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Friends I was wondering How much iphone 5 will cost me If some send it to me through US , Hongkong or Dubai? Will it be on same price...
With the founders left with < 15% stake in the company and investors controlling majority of stake; it seems to me like a win-win situation for everyone. The bus ticketing...
Now it has became very normal that before release of any APPLE product we gets tonnes of speculations and rumors. This time rumors are for next inline product for Apple...
What if there was a switch for friction and someone flipped that switch off? Can you imagine a world without friction? What would it be like? How would we adapt?...
Happy Days for consumers in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kolkata, West Bengal, Assam, North East, Bihar, and Orissa circles. Idea Cellular had decided to slash the 2G price by whopping 90%....