Do i need to pay custom duty in following scenario?

Hello Friends

I was wondering How much iphone 5 will cost me If some send it to me through US , Hongkong or Dubai?

Will it be on same price as on India or somewhat cheaper?

Thanks

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    Doesn't it depend on the exchange value of rupee? And in that scenario, I think this is a bad time to import anything.....😉
  • Maneesh Vadlapatla
    Maneesh Vadlapatla
    Yeah, Importing in this situation is not a good idea but when the exchange calm's you cam implement your idea. As to my knowledge it is bit more cheaper if you import it from USA.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Guys You didn't understand what I am asking

I am not going to buy with rupees , I am thinking of buy it in dollars,

Think I am a US citizen and i send it to some friend of mine in India as Gift, then How much it will cost me?
  • Maneesh Vadlapatla
    Maneesh Vadlapatla
    It nearly costs u less than half the price as Iphone 5 (64GB) comes in just $399
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Are you sure?
  • Maneesh Vadlapatla
    Maneesh Vadlapatla
    Pretty, i do posses a iphone 4s which was sent by my brother< it just costed me INR18000 (the original price in india was 45000)
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You don't have to pay import duty on iPhone, right? 😨 I know people bought high-end Bravia TV from Dubai for close to 25% of the market price in India. I doubt they really ask you to pay for iPhone at customs.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    As far as I know there's no custom charges applied in buying any stuff from Dubai.
    Don't know about other countries though.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    There is limit of goods you can carry from other countries without custom duty... For Gold, I think it's 50 grms. Yes people bring stuff like tv on huge discounts.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ok, carry in is one thing. How about shipping in? Are those labelled as "gifts" subjected to import tax or are they exempted?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    ash
    Ok, carry in is one thing. How about shipping in? Are those labelled as "gifts" subjected to import tax or are they exempted?
    I just talked to my friend who returned from Australia.
    You can carry worth of INR. 30K goods from other country without any custom duty.
    (Note: that goods value should be less than INR. 30K in Indian market, if you are buying a Tv in Singapore in $400 then they will not convert $400 in INR but they will see the product latest rate in india and if it above 30K you need to pay custom on rest of value).
    Importing Gold and mobile, camera are loopholes in the name that, I am using those things right now. But definitely they will ask for clarification, if you are wearing 500g gold 😁, women get benefit in this case😉
    here is#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    You will get it not for 50% of the price but for about 70 to 80% of the price if you are buying unlocked version.

If you are buying some phone associated with a carrier then you will get it cheaply but you will have to unlock that in India.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With the founders left with < 15% stake in the company and investors controlling majority of stake; it seems to me like a win-win situation for everyone. The bus ticketing...
Now it has became very normal that before release of any APPLE product we gets tonnes of speculations and rumors. This time rumors are for next inline product for Apple...
What if there was a switch for friction and someone flipped that switch off? Can you imagine a world without friction? What would it be like? How would we adapt?...
Happy Days for consumers in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kolkata, West Bengal, Assam, North East, Bihar, and Orissa circles. Idea Cellular had decided to slash the 2G price by whopping 90%....
I have been a spidigo internet subscriber for 8 months now and using a broadband cable connection. I wanted to use mobile phone and a laptop through wireless medium hence...