web browser activity

I have been noticing this from quite a long time. Whenever any of the browser is idle for a very long time, say 30/40 mins, it hangs and a refresh wont help. it takes quite some time before the browser is again quick. I don't know the reason why. Not that the system performance is slow as everything else is quick.

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    it is something related to memory leaks and is most prevalent in firefox. it basically is that, once a portion of ram is used by the browser application, it is unable to empty the memory blocks after its work has been over. Thus the ram get loaded up and makes the computer slow.

Now the thing is that this problem will be observable in the browser as well as the computer if the overall ram of computer is (generally) 1 GB or less. For systems with more amount of ram than that, it will cause a slow up of the browser only, or atleast so is my observation regarding this case. This sometimes escalates more if one has browsed through heavy media items such as lots of images and videos and then put the browser up for long. Long browsing (usually hours) of heavy stuff along with operationg of too many multiple tabs (I usually tend to have more than 25-30) and many addons and bookmarks will bring up this problem even sooner.

the latest firefox is better than before but still will give you the problem and engineers there are fighting hard to overcome this. Opera and Chrome are much better in this respect.
  • sbscetferozpur
    sbscetferozpur
    it can be related to memory issues.
    somethimes when we not use a task for a long time it get removed from the RAM due less availabilty of space hence it can take time to respond and also sometimes may not respond because it may be aborted by other procces.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The stage is all set for the launch of the first flight-testing of indigenous cryogenic engine on homespun rocket, Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-D3), from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre...
hai.... Everybody... I want to do my M.E in Tamil Nadu. Please any one, suggest a list of good Engineering colleges/ Universities for pursuing the course. Now I am doing...
hiii i need project on online hotel management vith its front end in java script & back end in my sql sever or in ms-access.....
hello every one...this is very common quetion from computer graduates...that whether to choose .net or java?? big_k will surely answer this to like both are good and it depends on...
hello CEans, please tell me something about these struts.i am beginner...๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž