Water fueled engine

is it possible to use water as a fuel for our vehicles?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Water is already Dihydrogen monoxide, a product of combustion of Hydrogen and Oxygen. At the most you can electrolyse it and burn the Hydrogen and Oxygen again to get energy.
  • prshntsingh
    prshntsingh
    bioramani
    Water is already Dihydrogen monoxide, a product of combustion of Hydrogen and Oxygen. At the most you can electrolyse it and burn the Hydrogen and Oxygen again to get energy.
    is it not true that the burned hyrogen will produce same amount of energy which will it take for electrolysis process(by entropy)? if its so then how can we run a heavily loaded vehicle by using water as a fuel..?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to Mechanical | Automobile engineering section.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Entropy tells that you will get less than the energy put in for electrolysis. If you have enough energy for electrolysis, you can theoretically run any vehicle.
    Quote:
    Quotations about Archimedes' Lever

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey all how about sunbeam , karad. i dont have enough info abt it . pls brief me about it. Thnx.
hi m btech 4th year student,pls tell me some creative projects topics in java ..for the major project..pls soon...
Most of you been collecting loads of e-books like hundreds & thousands of it. Its always difficult to search a specific e-book in one specific folder where hundreds of e-books...
Hello everyone, Am not a engineer yet,but tying to be one.Am doing my MCA which is not required for any companies.Currently am Final year student so obviously we now die...
Aakash 2 tablet price is estimated to be about $21 in India which is approximately ~ Rs. 1130. Aakash 2 is an upgraded device over the original Aakash that was...