VNIT Axis 2011 - The Zeitgiest Movement Event, 31 March 2011

Yesterday VNIT Nagpur held an event about a talk and discussion about 'The Zeitgeist Movement'

The topic of discussion was regarding the philosophy of the American futurist Jacque Fresco - the acclaimed "Zeitgeist Movement" and Fresco's The Venus Project , which is a 21-acre research centre is located near Lake Okeechobee, USA.

The event began with a briefing by Mr. Rishi Gangoly, the Indian Chapter Co-ordinator of TZM, which was followed by screening of the movie 'Future By Design'

You can watch it here:
[video=youtube;Xxe7tlr-2I4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxe7tlr-2I4[/video]

The movie was followed with a presentation by Mr. Gangoly who talked about the movie, summarizing it for better understanding and a presentation about REM i.e. Resource Based Economy.

The event concluded with an interactive Question and Answer Session. Overall, the event was very informative and enlightening.

To know more about the events at VNIT Axis 2011, check their official website here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting to know about this. Could you inform us a bit about the Zeitgiest Movement and how engineers can contribute to it? Maybe it'd be a good idea to have Mr. Gangoly to share some information on this.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The founder of this philosophy and the complete Zeitgeist Movement, Mr. Fresco is known as a social engineer. A lot of information for anyone who wants to be an activist of this idea is available at their global website, here: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Farjand
    Farjand
    It is a great concept. I would like to meet this Fresco.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Will try to fetch him on CrazyEngineers Small Talk 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This lecture focuses on introduction to Induction motors and their functioning, current flow etc. Lecture delivered by Prof. L. Umanand of IISc Bangalore. Discuss this topic with fellow electrical &...
Prof. L. Umanand of IISc Bangalore discusses synchronous machine basics. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute your ideas in this discussion thread - [video=youtube;b24jORRoxEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b24jORRoxEc&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Intorduction to Data Structures by Dr. Naveen Garg, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Delhi. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute your ideas in this discussion thread...
Stacks in Data Structure explained by Dr. Naveen Garg, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Delhi. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute your ideas in this discussion...
Queues and Linked Lists Tutorialby Dr. Naveen Garg, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Delhi. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute your ideas in this discussion thread...