Use a Web Browser & HTML5 to measure speed and heading of your car

HTML5 geolocation API to measure speed and heading of your car
[​IMG]

Here you can see two gauges. One will show the heading you're driving to, and the other shows the speed in kilometers. You can test this out yourself by using the following link: Open #-Link-Snipped-# in GPS enable device. Once opened the browser will probably ask you to allow access to your location. If you enable this and start moving, you'll see the two gauges move appropriately.

Getting all this to work is actually very easy and consists of the following steps:
  1. Alter the SVG images so we can rotate the needle and add to page.
  2. Use the geolocation API to determine the current speed and heading
  3. Update the needle based on the current and previous value
There's a neat tutorial on this on how you are going to get your hands dirty with the codes and GPS Enabled Device! Check out #-Link-Snipped-#!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In this talk, Matt Kelly from ZURB is going to present an "interaction design crash course for engineers who love JavaScript." Some of the key points Matt will cover include:...
I have fedora 16 installed atm with loads of apps installed too ... Fedora 17 been launched recently, I wanna update it .. so i saw 3 methods that helps...
I want to to make an e based toll collection system.give me guidance about that.In that as soon as your car passes the toll booth your paytment has made online.suggest...
Just got an interesting press release from Opera that says Opera Mini, being a cloud based mobile can help you save costs? How? Read on - Opera mini - being...
TOI reports that iGATE has delayed the joining dates of the freshers expected to join the company in July/August will now have to wait a few months more. The new...