upgrading to Fedora 17!

I have fedora 16 installed atm with loads of apps installed too ... Fedora 17 been launched recently, I wanna update it .. so i saw 3 methods that helps to upgrade it ... 1)yum 2)Pre-upgrade 3)Booting with disk or flash drive ...

the easiest one is here is booting with bootable disk ...
coming to the point, if i install & upgrade fedora 17 using bootable disk will my installed apps of fedora 16 will b removed & i have to download & install all again ?? (i really dont wanna download all apps again)

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    Try to take a backup of all installed applications using this command.

rpm -qa > installed-software.bak

Restore all the installed applications using this command after upgrading to fedora 17.

yum -y install $(cat installed-software.bak)
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    thank you very much 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to to make an e based toll collection system.give me guidance about that.In that as soon as your car passes the toll booth your paytment has made online.suggest...
Just got an interesting press release from Opera that says Opera Mini, being a cloud based mobile can help you save costs? How? Read on - Opera mini - being...
TOI reports that iGATE has delayed the joining dates of the freshers expected to join the company in July/August will now have to wait a few months more. The new...
shoen this figure ...... https://www.google.co.in/imgres?q=mo...ostable-multivibrator&docid=G453WbsA6lc8gM&im
EC Guys... Any help Any Time... Post Me... 👍