Upload speed is greater than download .

hi cean's,

I am having bsnl broadband connection and my upload speed is about 700 kbps and download is just about 150 kbps to 220 kbps .Can any one help me to figure out what may be the reason for this problem.

Replies

• abhinaykumar
    abhinaykumar
    on which application u seen it......
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    The answer to this question is call your ISP. Internet service provider. If you have DSL, distance matters a lot! Most of the time upload is a fraction of the download speed.
    It sounds to me you either have a poor wireless connection. Or 2, you have a decent internet connection.
    Download is always faster than upload. Faster uploads are for servers and companies who host. Which costs a lot more money.
  • abhinaykumar
    abhinaykumar
    isp and dsp are the topics regarding the quality of the wired networks.... as mohit said download speed should alwaz be faster than upload.....
  • abhinaykumar
    abhinaykumar
    it can also change due to the application we are using in torrents we can adjust the upload and download speed.....
  • faizaan
    faizaan
    Thanks for reply,

I have tested my upload/download speed at Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

I am having bsnl broadband home 750 plan which has max 256kbps downlaod speed but recently i am getting speed about download speed about 400-500 kbps and upload speed is about 700 - 800 kbps. (i.e still upload > download )

So i just want to know that what are the possible reasons which leads to this problem as i am having bsnl connection the technicians dont know any thing about networking concepts and they simply ignore such problems.

I hope engineers here may know some solution about the problem or can suggest some reasons leading to such problem.
  • ratmo
    ratmo
    You may be connected to the wrong network or someone else is on your network using all of your bandwidth , to make this situation as clear you need to talk to your ISP and also download regin out to sort out this issue.
    After that check your internet speed test through this site #-Link-Snipped-# whether the download speed is high or not.............

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

which is easy for mini-project that without programming tell some topic boss
Google announced the statistics that Google's web browser, Chrome has 30 million users worldwide. The number looks tiny before Firefox's global userbase which is over 400 million users. However, Chrome...
The database giant, Oracle has acquired Secerno - a company that specializes in Database Security Activity Monitoring and SQL Injection Protection. The company will continue to operate separately. Oracle says...
Despite recession, this year will see the Indian IT grow by 5.5 percent owing to greater levels of offshoring by American companies. Also, the Indian government plans to have data...
@ECHO OFF color %num% :start cls COLOR %num% ECHO Green = 1 ECHO Red = 2 ECHO Yellow = 3 ECHO Aqua = 4 ECHO Purple = 5 ECHO White...