Chrome has 30 million users and Firefox has 400 million

Google announced the statistics that Google's web browser, Chrome has 30 million users worldwide. The number looks tiny before Firefox's global userbase which is over 400 million users.

However, Chrome has faster growth than Firefox. Do you think Chrome will overtake Firefox in future?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I dont think Chrome will overtake Firefox, My opinion is Google is closely working with Mozilla!
    And Google is respecting Mozilla and introducing it in Ubuntu software list.

All plans to fight with Microsoft ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    English-Scared
    I dont think Chrome will overtake Firefox, My opinion is Google is closely working with Mozilla!
    And Google is respecting Mozilla and introducing it in Ubuntu software list.

All plans to fight with Microsoft ๐Ÿ˜€
    Google used to fund Mozilla Firefox development. But they decided to go their own way and launched Chrome. Chrome and Firefox are competing products ๐Ÿ˜€

Google is fast in adopting newer technology and they are leaps ahead of Firefox when it comes to speed and memory usage.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    The_Big_K
    Google is fast in adopting newer technology and they are leaps ahead of Firefox when it comes to speed and memory usage.
    Google is on the upward slope of the S-growth curve while Firefox is already nearing the top and hence the slower growth for Firefox.

it is true that Google has a smaller memory footprint and is faster than Firefox (on some accounts) but no one can beat the advantage that Firefox provides with the HUGE list of extremely useful addons. Google has been trying to provide alternatives in their Chrome to the ones found in Firefox and has also successfully got some developers make addons for Chrome along with, for Firefox. But I've personally noticed that these alternatives do not work as well as they would work in Firefox.

I've tried moving onto Opera/Safari/Chrome because of Firefox memory bloat problems but all the time I had to come back to it. I miss all the functionality in other browsers that am used to, in Firefox.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Exactly.. The only reason I still stick to FF is also the fine addons that I use, whose replacements I cant find in any other browsers.

So, although there are some problems to be addressed, I don't think Firefox will lose to Chrome..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    *Maybe we'll come up with our own browser in next few months ๐Ÿ˜‰ *

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The database giant, Oracle has acquired Secerno - a company that specializes in Database Security Activity Monitoring and SQL Injection Protection. The company will continue to operate separately. Oracle says...
Despite recession, this year will see the Indian IT grow by 5.5 percent owing to greater levels of offshoring by American companies. Also, the Indian government plans to have data...
@ECHO OFF color %num% :start cls COLOR %num% ECHO Green = 1 ECHO Red = 2 ECHO Yellow = 3 ECHO Aqua = 4 ECHO Purple = 5 ECHO White...
Cool batch file to lock and disguise a folder. Move any files you want to be hidden in your locker, double click the bat again and you will be asked...
Hello, CE's i'm Using windows - 7 Professional Operating System... whenever i tried to open my computer properties its not opening .. please help me out from this issue ...