To backup all mail

Hello,

i was eager to know that is it possible to download all my Mails form Gmail to my PC?

i want to save my all mails to my PC!

-godfather

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Configure Gmail in your Outlook and enjoy...

I guess no feature to download it directly.

-CB
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Thanks for the Reply CB,

by configuring in outlook can i get all the old mails to my PC?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Godfather - yes you can. You'll have to follow these steps -

1. Get a pop mail client: ThunderBird is a nice option from Mozilla.
    2. Go to your Gmail settings and enable POP access. Make sure the rule applies to all the mail (including the old mails).
    3. Configure ThunderBird to connect to your Gmail. Details steps are available in GMAIL help center.
    4. Download all the mails in thunderbird.
    5. Save the thunderbird data files to a safe backup drive.

You may also use Outlook and save the PST files. Do post if you need further help.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Godfather - yes you can. You'll have to follow these steps -

1. Get a pop mail client: ThunderBird is a nice option from Mozilla.
    2. Go to your Gmail settings and enable POP access. Make sure the rule applies to all the mail (including the old mails).
    3. Configure ThunderBird to connect to your Gmail. Details steps are available in GMAIL help center.
    4. Download all the mails in thunderbird.
    5. Save the thunderbird data files to a safe backup drive.

You may also use Outlook and save the PST files. Do post if you need further help.
    Thank you very much Biggie For helping me out Thanks very much sure i will ask you if i didn't get anything.

You 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    godfather
    Thank you very much Biggie For helping me out Thanks very much sure i will ask you if i didn't get anything.

You 😁
    Alrighty, buddy 😀. I use Outlook to manage all emails I get. But nothing beats web-mail! ;-)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I have more than 3 years of experience in software engineering, presently working with a software company in Bangalore. I am planning to pursue my MBA from Annamalai Univeristy....
can i run visual basic on linux ? if not what should i do ?
Here is the one Mega thread Regarding Cricket and Cricket lovers lets talk about Cricket,Live matches and everything Regarding Cricket here. Some Great Thread Related to Cricket: CCFL Fantasy game...
How to reduce cost & time for the mechanical maintenance procedure in morden system please try to help me for this.
i preetham from hyderabad with electrical background ;having 2 years experience in pharma & electronics.