The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I am getting an error in using some applications on my pc and also I am unable to install new programs on my computer. I am getting the following error.

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
How to troubleshoot it?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    This may help you
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You need to uninstall the CCleaner software first. Try uninstalling it from regular uninstall option and if that does not work; clean up the CCleaner folder from your Program Files. Also look for the 'Services' that are running on your computer by right clicking on the taskbar and starting the 'task manager'. You should see a relevant ccleaner service in the processes section (I think). I don't have access to Windows at the moment, so can't provide you with the exact steps to fix this.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-# it worked. #-Link-Snipped-# No need to uninstall the software. 😀 It worked well with ianoop's instructions.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Just to add a bit of info, the computer was saying 1053(i.e; the above problem) error. It was also difficult for me to uninstall programs. 😔
    Now with everything working well I can proceed with installing antivirus software etc. 😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Issue
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-# 😀 It worked well with ianoop's instructions.
    Well I didn't knew about it.
    But when ever I encountered any problem with my machine I just Google it and there is 99% chances that I get solution at 1st page of search result😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Online finance management company - Quickbooks (from Intuit) has finally opened its shop in India. The company says that there are 26 million SMEs in India; however when it comes...
I want to scan my whole PC to improve my PC performance. I am using avast 4.8 anti virus this time. Please anyone guide my way? Also what is the...
I'm a final year M.Sc Software Engineering student. Can anyone suggest me that companies providing internship final year projects?
Solar PV structures can be compared to a monoslope roof (only with lower height). I need to know how do civil engineers design foundations and rails/purlins. I am currently refering...
Any requirement need for keeping two or more windows in one system. Any risk in doing this? Which window is better for running program language like c , c++ ,...