The Humble Ambassador Wins The Global Taxi Race On Top Gear UK

We all have seen the Ambassador, the car loosely based on the Morris Oxford III, manufactured by Hindustan Motors at its Uttarpara plant near Kolkata West Bengal, the choice of the Indian Government for years has beaten iconic taxis from all around the world. The race was broadcasted on this Sunday’s Top Gear episode in the UK and had various rally car drivers driving cars from various countries. The Ambassador representing India managed to beat America’s yellow cab, Mexico’s Beetle Taxi, Germany’s Mercedes, South African Toyota cab and Russia’s limousine taxis. As this was Top Gear, lunacy ruled as four cars were totaled during the race and others sustained damage but the Indian Ambassador managed to stay in one piece and win.

This was their take on Indian taxis, but who do you think will win the race among Indian taxis? The contestants are The Fiat taxis that ply in Kolkata and Mumbai or Bajaj Autos or the Bigger Piggaio ones or someone else let us know.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

PS: Will update the article once I manage to get the full video of the race.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is my experience of attending the CCAT 2013 exam held on 7th July 2013. Section A ------------ In the reading comprehension type question, around 5 questions were asked from...
Researchers have succeeded in developing a new type of window that brings your wild imagination to reality. The window blocks sound but lets the air flow through it; incredible, isn't...
Film based cameras have been long dead now, I have ditched mine since eight years and moved on to its digital counterpart and I am sure that all of you...
One of the biggest shipbuilders of Russia has undertaken the responsibility of building the world’s first floating nuclear power plant and making it operational by the year 2016. The main...
Intel has been known for their x86 based powerful processors, but x86 based processors were never power efficient, and thus the intel's mobile processors couldn't make to the smart-phone domain....