Test Beds

Can anyone tell me exact meaning/use of Stubs and Drivers in integration testing???

With example will be great help 😀

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    umm,, I think stubs refers to different components in different feilds. Nevertheless I will try explaining in telecom terms.

System: any provisioning/mediation/billing system involved

as in testing environments, there are instances when some/all of the systems are not available.
    For eg: you have a provisioning system -a and respective mediation system b which talks to a switch c whichis not available. You then intend to replace/interface b with a stub of c , insense a replica of c , but not c ,C(stub) replicates the reposnes of c(switch)

b send c(switch) a job like say xyz and expects if succesfull a response 00.
    now c(stub) will be programmed to send similar 00 for jobs like xyz...

i think CEans from various other fields should be able to help us uderstanding usage of stubs in their own feilds.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Durga is right.

Stubs are methods we add to non finished codes for low level methods of the architecture, they're functions that doesn't depend on other functions results to work, so we write the function definition to return exactly the result that fits the whole test.

For example:

bool Foo()
    {
    return true;
    }

The finished function should have the required procedures to get the same result.

Drivers:

Are the same as Stubs but they have lower level functions that depend on it complete.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All, I am a college student wanting to work on a new project. So far I have been using op-amps and other setups to get what I wanted on...
okay fellow ceans, i need to tell you about this torch which i saw at my friends place. It was this torch which was made of transparent material inside was...
Hello everyone, I need a seminar topic which is related to Electrical engineering and computers or the latest technology. I need a topic in which I can get a lot...
please suggest a mini project .please post me full discription on my e-mail id
I am not able to find much abt piezo generators, can anyone send me a link where i can find abt it . plus i wanted to know how sensitive...