What is the matter with this torch??

okay fellow ceans, i need to tell you about this torch which i saw at my friends place. It was this torch which was made of transparent material inside was an iron peice and the cylinder had one more concentric cylinder with coil wound around it, the terminal was then attached to the battery which powered the lamp.
Once the torch went off, we had to shake it for some time and voila cells charged! seems to be good concept for saving electricity by charging the cells using mechanical motion, if anyone can make a prototype and get its pics it will be great, anyone interested to work on this simple and eco friendly thing?

Replies

• Chaitali Sumita
    Chaitali Sumita
    wow!!!thats great!!!!
    it will really help us in saving electricity!!!!!!😎
  • Vega
    Vega
    good idea. But I wonder if how much waving is required to power that torch for say 10 mins.
  • lal
    lal
    Well, Its actually not simply an iron piece that you saw inside the torch. Its magnet. The torch works on the basic principle of producing electricity when the flux linkage with a conductor changes.
    When you shake it, the magnet moves changing the flux linkage with the coil and thus inducing electricity which is used to charge the batteries.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone, I need a seminar topic which is related to Electrical engineering and computers or the latest technology. I need a topic in which I can get a lot...
please suggest a mini project .please post me full discription on my e-mail id
I am not able to find much abt piezo generators, can anyone send me a link where i can find abt it . plus i wanted to know how sensitive...
i have a 2gb kingston pendrive.its not getting detected.i have tried on my friends laptop also.please help me out with this.
I am facing very strange problem with my laptop.as I start it,I log in,screen sustains for 1-2 min and den black screen comes there.i tried to format it but its...