Tech Skills Employersb (USA) want

Roles involving newer technologies, big data and social media may be on the cards.

The Tech Skills Employers Want

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The Big Data seems to be one of the most popular thing these days. If we observe closely; the term itself is just a marketing thing (aka buzzword) created by the companies. It's similar to what people did to the virtualisation and 'cloud computing'.

Cloud computing has existed for years without the name; but now it's suddenly become 'cool'.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Big data is not a hype if you know how to harness it. Think about it - if you could produce a report of all the users categorized by engineering background, their technological expertise, preferences based on the kind of posts they create on this site, how useful would it be! Then you could present them the kind of content they would like to see on this site making them stick around here more - a personalized experience for everyone.

And current cloud computing wave is more focused on virtualization. It wasn't mature enough until recently; most importantly in open-source domain. So I'd consider it a new wave.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Kinect, the motion sensing input device from Microsoft recently had some bad press due to privacy issues associated with it being “Always On” on the new Xbox One, but even...
Use of Microsoft Windows Phone 8 is increasing day by day. Nokia is at top notch in selling the Windows Based phones & sales of Nokia is increasing. There is...
how can we use a 30GHz cro to measure microwave frequencies...share ur ideas friends
Micron Technology, the only Titan of the 'Storage Technology' has announced the next generation of Flash process technology which will be used in SSDs. The latest die fabricated using 16nm...
i am te instrumentation engineering student i want topics for miniproject of sccd suject sem 5 plz help😀