Suggest an antivirus software

hi CEans,

i have got a P4 processor with 128MB RAM and 40GB hardisk and am using WINDOWS XP. which antivirus would be best suited for my system. i hve been using AVG but i get this "out of date" message periodically.
what should i do??

will NORTON 2007 be a right choice? does that make the system slow??

regards
DEP

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: antivirus

DEP
    hi CEans,

i have got a P4 processor with 128MB RAM and 40GB hardisk and am using WINDOWS XP. which antivirus would be best suited for my system. i hve been using AVG but i get this "out of date" message periodically.
    what should i do??

regards
    DEP
    128 MB RAM and WinXP ? :sleeping:

Sorry 😀 . Forget Norton 2007. It will just make your system take forever to boot & make it crawl. Moreover, its costly. So far, in my opinion, AVG is the best. Of course, you must keep on updating it regularly.

Other freeware antivirus softwares don't do the job. If you still want to go for Norton or McAfee, first upgrade your RAM to at least 512 MB.

-The Big K-
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt

ok as far as av is concerned .... take my word for it norton is crap .... a full updated norton has not been able to detect threats tht freeware av can ...

avast is currently the best free av solution available ... free of cost ... good on system resources and take my word it can find and also repair infected files
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

no_atkt
    ok as far as av is concerned .... take my word for it norton is crap .... a full updated norton has not been able to detect threats tht freeware av can ...

avast is currently the best free av solution available ... free of cost ... good on system resources and take my word it can find and also repair infected files
    I had a look at AVAST's website and the software has good reviews by users. Can anyone compare the two softwares (AVG & AVAST) ?

-The Big K-
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    DEP
    hi CEans,

what should i do??

regards
    DEP

Hi DEP,

I have been using Kaspersky Anti-Virus of atmost a year, being satisfied with the product you must try it. It comes with Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Anti-Hackers & all sorts of stuffs are available with Security Suite Edition.

Regards,

vibhor_one
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    DEP
    hi CEans,

what should i do??

regards
    DEP
    Hi Buddy just go for Avast it the best and rocking Anti Virus Program which i found in my LIfe time Search...

It will available for as many years for free and daily update with 8 Kind of Protections.
    #-Link-Snipped-# and have a free download, and get back if you have any doubt.

Thanks & Regards,
    - A. SudhaKar -
    A Proud
    IT Acumens - A Web Designing Company
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt

The_Big_K
    I had a look at AVAST's website and the software has good reviews by users. Can anyone compare the two softwares (AVG & AVAST) ?

-The Big K-
    avg doesnt repair files only detects infected ones ... avast repairs them too
  • DEP
    DEP
    hey guys,

thanks to everyone. After going through iall your suggestions, i finally have decided to switch over to AVAST from AVG. I hope i am doing it right. i will wait for one day for a final approval from everyone of you(all those who have answered to my query) and than i will remove avg and go for AVAST.

thanks again.

DEP
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    arre shift man no problems its better i can assure u of that i made a switch myself .... from an engg to another ... its better
  • DEP
    DEP
    no_atkt
    arre shift man no problems its better i can assure u of that i made a switch myself .... from an engg to another ... its better

hey there,
    okay then its DONe !!!
    bye-2 avg and hello avast !!!
  • T`u`L`!`P
    T`u`L`!`P
    as far as i know.... NOD32 is very handy tool.............
    regards
  • mahul
    mahul
    nod 32 is relly saisfying............avast 2 is good but i found spyware that avast didn't detect and nod32 did......get it
  • tobination
    tobination
    Mate,i am little bit confused regarding what type of software you require?It is simply stunning to hear that you have not heard of kaspersky ?Try this out and you will know the difference.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • deeimproptus
    deeimproptus
    bettter use avast antivirus
    it won't slow ur pc and if u got net it will get updated by itself while u r browsing net
  • deeimproptus
    deeimproptus
    norton will slow down ur pc speed
  • suyash
    suyash
    is there any user of Zone Alarm ??
    I know its quite pain in the neck... but it performs like a really robust guard for the system !!
  • suyash
    suyash
    hey big K...
    can we please start a poll with respect to the best internet security suite/antivirus etc... this has always been a long disputed issue among users !! pardon me if the post is not in the correct place...
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    it has been already started u can cast your vote their.
  • devil
    devil
    ya bro u can prefer both kasper sky or avg but updation is must with this u can manually update kasper.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Hi DEP,
    AVG is a good AV,but since its not helping you out.So I think you should rather shift to Mcafee,which will survive among all;-)
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Wait a sec, doesn't AVG repair files too? It has a "clean" function!

I've used AVG for quite a long time.. never has let me down. However, I use another free one as an on-demand scanner (AntiVir). Its slower, but has slightly better detection rate.
  • soul_hacker
    soul_hacker

The_Big_K
    128 MB RAM and WinXP ? :sleeping:

Sorry 😀 . Forget Norton 2007. It will just make your system take forever to boot & make it crawl. Moreover, its costly. So far, in my opinion, AVG is the best. Of course, you must keep on updating it regularly.

Other freeware antivirus softwares don't do the job. If you still want to go for Norton or McAfee, first upgrade your RAM to at least 512 MB.

-The Big K-
    😁but i think avg is not as useful as Kaspersky or Quickheal...
    I have seen pc with avg bust sometimes they dont detect the viruses even they are updated regulary...

Best is to use i think quick heal or Escan
  • soul_hacker
    soul_hacker
    but i think avg is not as useful as Kaspersky or Quickheal...
    I have seen pc with avg bust sometimes they dont detect the viruses even they are updated regulary...

Best is to use i think quick heal or Escan
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    i will suggest NOD 32.....it will really be helpful to you
  • radogol
    radogol
    i am using ZenOK #-Link-Snipped-# software and very happy with that i have used AVG and many other but didnt got satisfying result
  • martincrow
    martincrow
    Hi,
    I am using ESET NOD32 anti-virus,which is quite good, it carries the malware which is quite effective.
    The main feature i like most,it does not slow down your PC,it is available for free download try it.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, I want to know what is torque and back emf in DC motors. Please explain in brief.
CEans making the world a playground and a better place to live in.I think as responsible CEans,it is very important to discuss what are the evil effects of globalization.We have...
A resume is considered as the first introduction to the individual without actually meeting him face to face.There is an xyz organisation maintaining a good corporate governance and has a...
I may be in the minority here, but I love Jim Cramer's Mad Money. The stuff he says makes sense (most of the time), and he knows what he's talking...
hi to all. i want to get the caption of my button control during runtime i.e when i execute.can anyone help me with it.