Success

I read this recently on a very popular blog.
Many of our personal success aspirations have nothing to do with any “success” that an outsider would be able to measure. Our personal successes are often so deeply ingrained that we can’t quite put a finger on them ourselves. We don’t know why it’s so important to us to have that house with the dog – but we know that having a dog is really, really important.
Even more, we know that every day without that accomplishment, we haven’t made it yet. Until that dog is happily chasing dragonflies in the back yard, we are not a success.
Does it make sense? Maybe not. Maybe not to anyone else. But we all have these deeply personal markers of success. Some are tangible; some are not.
My thinking is that it’s worth dragging those markers of success out into the sunshine and taking a good, hard look at them.
It’s also worth putting them in order of priority.
So how do you define your success? You can find our take on this #-Link-Snipped-#.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Success, to me, is being able to do what you want to do for as long as you want.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I can't say a one liner like Biggie.
    I would rather say it with example. If I have a job been done , or say aim to be achieved which I set for myself and say it is very much attainable , but in various stages.
    Pursuing each stage and attaining inner peace and happiness after each intermediate stage is success for me.This happiness inspires me to put in more in next stage

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When radio signals are transferred there must be some energy into it that makes it to transfer at long distances? Is there any possibility of converting that energy into Ac...
Just I am curious to know, How the whether is calculated The following yahoo page shows weather of Chennai, How they are calculating? Chennai - Tamil Nadu Weather Report -...
There are many instances in life, where diplomacy comes handy.what are your thoughts on diplomatic approach? Is it beneficial to approach someone straight stating what has gone wrong and what...
Mumbai won Ranaji Trophy 2010 by defeating Karnataka in what can be called as a thrilling final contest on Gangotri Glades Stadium in Bengalore. They won just by 6 wickets....
I am an Electronic Engineering, working on my FYP; using a TFT display 320x240 in pixels, and RGB format of 666. it is using the SSD1963 controller for graphics and...