Store 360TB Data On A Glass-Disk Which Will Outlast The Human Race.

A team of Engineers/Researchers at University Of Southampton have demonstrated a method to store& retrieve the data as huge as 360TB on a single disk made up of quartz which has thermal stability of 1000 degree celsius & unlimited lifetime, also called as 'Superman Memory Crystal'.

"It is thrilling to think that we have created first document which will survive the human race.This technology will survive the last evidence of human civilization : All we learnt will not be forgotten", says Peter Kazanskywho is professor of optoelectronics at University of Southampton.

In this technology, the data is stored in 5D matrix, this technique is dependent on laser technology,the lasers are pulsing 1 quadrillion time per second, at the other end the modulator splits every single pulse into 2^7 beams & creates a holographic image which gets recorded in the Superman Memory Crystal & data gets stored.

To read the data back, optical microscope & polarization is used to read each & every nanodot of the data stored in the quartz crystal properly.

Interesting isn't it ? One great invention !
But, Once the human race is vanished from the Earth, the new race will be able to extract out the treasure datas from the supermemory crystal ? Well, I don't think so.

What's your take, CEans?
What would you like to store in this memory quartz which will never erase even after human race extinction ?

Source : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I wonder, can humans be decoded into bits? I know DNA can be mapped, but about memories?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    ash
    I wonder, can humans be decoded into bits? I know DNA can be mapped, but about memories?
    Well ever thought about the Boy wonder of Ozamu Tezuka Astro Boy

Well he had it in him I think we are moving into that stage of real life artificial Humans in a few decades
  • Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    New race must be intellectual enough to figure out that.. 😁
    Humans are able to decode ancient artifacts ..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey we use too many wireless gadgets now a days and the amount of Radio waves and other micro wave radiation density is really a growing threat to humans If...
pls, let me know how to control owi robotic arm i.e the dc motors inside it. i m trying to control them using l293d motor driver, but it wasnt running....
Yesterday, a news popped out saying India will be overtaking US on number of developers . I don't know why, but I am not at all proud of the news....
I am using a 60Hz EEG Acquisition device which was imported from the US. I am an Indian and the AC power frequency here is 50Hz. The device is called...
Instagram has introduced the ability to embed photos and videos, in what seems to be a move to keep up with rival Vine. Vine is a mobile app owned by...