Instagram Extends To Include Photo & Video Embeds

Instagram has introduced the ability to embed photos and videos, in what seems to be a move to keep up with rival Vine. Vine is a mobile app owned by Twitter which lets it users create and post short video clips. But Instagram's rivalry extends beyond Vine, and aims to be in direct competition with Twitter, which is currently held as the beacon of news broadcasting. It is speculated that Instagram is targeting the media and journalism demographic with the introduction of this new embed feature. Embedding allows more freedom of use, and makes it easier for news magazines and outlets to report on latest developments with as much visual info as they can.

slide
Another reason for the introduction of this feature might be to keep up with its biggest competition, Vine. Twitter's Vine released embeds back in March, but Instagram compensates for Vine's headstart by being better-suited to the task of shooting news videos. Unlike Vine, Insta-video supports longer videos and leaves out looping. Most breaking news items are supported by videos and photos, and it's not hard to imagine that Instagram may have as much effect with videos going viral as Twitter has with its Retweets. What's more, with 130 million active users on its side, Facebook's Instagram may just steal Twitter's thunder.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I still haven't gotten over the fact Facebook acquired them for $1 billion. I still haven't tried Instagram yet. As for Twitter, I've only made one tweet (and that was for a complaint to a service that their server was down, lol).

Perhaps a company can acquire CE for $1 billion or more? 😁
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great move by instagram . Hope twitter tackles it with better innovation .

Is this feature have an ease on operation?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I don't understand, how this social networking websites are getting so famous with billions (or trillions?) of users while PRISM is getting all your personal data from big companies like Facebook,Microsoft,Google & Yahoo ?
    Are people are ignorant to understand that one-by-one the government is stealing their freedom ?
    I am glad India don't have anything like [PRISM,the pure illuminati]
    This was off-topic, Shoot me.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In my early engineering days I used to be an avid follower of Roy Doty, who used to run the Wordless Workshop feature. At 90 he seems to be still...
Hemmings Daily has this to say about car care: Quote: While most collectors are fanatical about the care and feeding of prized automobiles (explaining how a car can look showroom...
Good, Bad and the Ugly of how to get frustrated doing things: https://cr4.globalspec.com/blogentry/22921/Top-9-Lifehacks?frmtrk=cr4digest
Interesting research seems to hold out hope for pessimists. Studies on identical twins with opposing attitudes indicate that it may all be in the genes. Five genes in the hippocamus....
The Indian Institutes of Technology are powerhouses that nurture incredible talent. From supercomputers to household appliances, IITians have time and again come up with innovations that have perplexed many. Here,...