Starting a motorcycle

how bikes are starting in gear like yamaha,cbz etc but low weight bikes not like splendor,passion not?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: starting

nitesh604
    how bikes are starting in gear like yamaha,cbz etc but low weight bikes not like splendor,passion not?
    I didn't get your question. 😒 Could you please elaborate a bit?
  • deeps31
    deeps31
    i guess, he is asking on how come certain bikes be started on gear? the usual procedure to start a bike is on neutral gear, but certain bikes can be started on any other gear while holding the clutch. how does it work? even i've been wondering about the same....
  • Differential
    Differential
    deeps31
    i guess, he is asking on how come certain bikes be started on gear? the usual procedure to start a bike is on neutral gear, but certain bikes can be started on any other gear while holding the clutch. how does it work? even i've been wondering about the same....
    Pulling the clutch handle disengages engine and wheels via clutch. So even if you start engine, the power won't be transmitted to wheels. So you can start engine by holding clutch. (ie. disengaging wheels from engine)
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    but what is differance between their construction????
  • arunhero99
    arunhero99
    then how come splendor and passion cannot be started by holding clutch?
  • gohm
    gohm
    The difference is a lockout safety switch
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Gohm: I had heard about the safety switch. What is the significance of lockout safety switch?
  • gohm
    gohm
    It is an "idiot safety" so that you do not start the bike in gear and lurch forward, usually crashing. Some manufactures loop it through the clutch others through the tranny. many bikes also have a sidestand one as well that cuts off the engine if the sidestand is down, thus preventing a possible nasty pogo crash. All of these are easily bypassed for those with simple know how and desire, though it will void your warranty & you assume any possible risks. They all simply ground it out like the kill switch does.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a Telecommunication engineer and I have made a energy haravesting circuit for my 4th year project. The problem which i have is that the circuit is not capable...
hi , i have one qestion is linux or unix or ubanto different from windows (vista or xp) i have always heard my teacher saying about linux &linux or ubnatu...
Orange Financials India’s fastest growing financial information group from Bangalore. Reliable, Accurate, Valuable- Stock Tips, Nifty Futures, Commodity & Bullion Calls. We have a dedicated team of Stock Analysts. We...
Hi I have started playing Counter Strike Online.I am having the problem of high latency when compared to the other players.It affects my accuracy.I tried switching off the Antivirus and...
I have two question : 1- what should be the PIV rating of diodes in the circuit ? 2- if one of the diode in the rectifier is opens ,...