Latency Issue

Hi I have started playing Counter Strike Online.I am having the problem of high latency when compared to the other players.It affects my accuracy.I tried switching off the Antivirus and messengers like yahoo,gtalk etc. But still my latency is around 140 while for the others its just around 30 or 40.Has anyone faced a similar problem?? Please tell me what i should do to bring my latency down.

Replies

• arunhero99
    arunhero99
    i actually take the initiative to host the server , so zero latency. so you can do that. ๐Ÿ˜€
    just kidding!!!

The only thing that affects latency/ping is the server you are playing on.

The latency is the response time you get from a server in the game. A lot of things can affect your ping.

For example:
    The connectivity distance between you and the server
    The speed of your internet connection and the speed of the servers internet connection.
    Your computers hardware and the servers hardware.

Also i personally turn off everything running my task bar before playing games, including any Anti-virus . So games run a lot faster when you turn off anti-virus software and any network security agents. turn off all daemon processes running.
  • arun_15juin
    arun_15juin
    Thank you arun.will try it out๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have two question : 1- what should be the PIV rating of diodes in the circuit ? 2- if one of the diode in the rectifier is opens ,...
How can I hack an orkut id?plzz tell me?????๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜•
๐Ÿ˜ Any ONe Know Direct linck to new relaesed movies If Known Please post i will too ๐Ÿ˜
Hi, just would like to know anybody here having sewer pipe as their house piping structural design? cheers, simon - piping-work.com
Please any one if had knowledge about web designing than please give me the links to free download the best ebooks for learing web designing from scratch