Solution For Ejecting Mini CD Stuck in MacBook Drive

It was very stupid of me for not thinking before doing this. I put a Blackberry Curve Mini CD in my MacBook drive. And it got stuck there. It was neither getting detected nor coming out.

For a naive macbook user who is not aware that mini CDs are not compatible with the Mac CD Drive mechanism, this mistake is bound to happen.

I read about force ejecting on the net i.e. Open terminal and type:
drutil tray eject but that didn't work for me.

So, I just what we did is, put a business card inside the slot and pull up the cd and drag it out.
It took 5-6 tries with different angles and then it worked! 😁

I hope you never get stuck this way, but if you do; this might help. 😎

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    People sometimes use 'safety pins' to eject CDs in normal PCs. But I am glad you could open it. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was trying to figure out the pathetic browsing speeds I experience on my broadband connection and found out that I'm on NIB-I network. My IP address starts with 59.xx...
India has always been a dumping ground for technology and products for Apple. The company today announced that iPad 2 will be relased in 25 more countries across the globe...
We of course can't influence Mr. Premji's decision, but we can vent out our jealousy by posting in this thread. Wipro has offered new revised package of Rs. 10 crore...
I am totally new to practical use of 8051? May I know how and which pin to be connected as input and which pin should be taken as output? Ex....
There was a time when we used to consider water as God. In any religion or civilization may be Roman, Greek, Aryan or Greek etc we have a God of...