NIB-1 & NIB-2 Addresses

I was trying to figure out the pathetic browsing speeds I experience on my broadband connection and found out that I'm on NIB-I network. My IP address starts with 59.xx ... and my speeds are thus limited to about 512 kbps.

Someone suggested that if the network provider switches my account over to NIB-2, to have my IP address starting with 117.xx..., I'll be able to get speeds in MB/s. Now apart from the obvious long-forms, I have absolutely no clue about what these guys were suggesting.

My questions are -

1. How do I determine which NIB I'm On.
2. How many NIBs are there in India (is that a stupid question?)
3. How does one switch between the backbones (if at all).

Looking forward to your responses.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

India has always been a dumping ground for technology and products for Apple. The company today announced that iPad 2 will be relased in 25 more countries across the globe...
We of course can't influence Mr. Premji's decision, but we can vent out our jealousy by posting in this thread. Wipro has offered new revised package of Rs. 10 crore...
I am totally new to practical use of 8051? May I know how and which pin to be connected as input and which pin should be taken as output? Ex....
There was a time when we used to consider water as God. In any religion or civilization may be Roman, Greek, Aryan or Greek etc we have a God of...
i am still a beginner in robotics.mostly build level 1 robots.it didnt take me much time to figure out in level 1 bots chance to win mostly depends on the...