So how to safely dispose plastic waste?

I see a lot of plastic waste in my house but i don't know to safely dispose it.if anyone had suggestions ......please don't hesitate to post....Especially electronic waste.

Replies

• Raj A
    Raj A
    I have recently visited an exhibition, there I met a person who is recycling the plastic waste. They are doing R & D with producing 3D parts with recycled plastic called as Protoprint. Here are their details:
    e-mail: #-Link-Snipped-#

They are in Pune.

And for electronic waste- I've no idea about its disposal.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I believe electronic companies, especially the phone makers should buy back the old phones and maybe use the working parts in the new phones.
  • Raj A
    Raj A
    Kaustubh: If you have observed Nokia- is following this practice for several years. Every Nokia Care shop has recycling box for old mobiles- batteries and other accessories.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    For E waste recycling process visit.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    I see a lot of plastic waste in my house but i don't know to safely dispose it.if anyone had suggestions ......please don't hesitate to post....Especially electronic waste.
    As i know there are several students also who take electronic wastes and use it in their projects.One student in Fybsc of my college made a gesture controlled car out of it,and some others had made other stuffs(I don't remember their name however).So find such people and give it away to them...
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Thanks for all this suggestions .I had planned to use it for making toys like cars and ships.
  • Ativerc
    Ativerc
    You have MANY options:
    1. 1. If you love to tinker... Open up the said "waste". There's always something you can use for your projects.
    2. 2. Ask around in your family or post in FB or G+ or even here in CE... "I have 'these(Enter details and photos, if possible)' e-stuff. I want to donate them to anyone who needs it! If you need 'them' feel free to contact me." (One man's trash is another man's treasure!)
    3. Heck, you can even build a computer from old PC parts and give them to someone who doesn't have a computer. Or you can build your own Linux Machine or a NAS or a server! (Endless possibilities here!) 😀😀😀
    4. If you have the requisite chemistry skills you can #-Link-Snipped-# (as in Au, the shiny gold metal! Be careful what you call WASTE!) and get Richie Rich in the process😁. I thank God that my mother does not know of this.😛
    (You have more options. But these are some that I can think of right now.)

FYI:
    1. #-Link-Snipped-#.(Please visit this link. Very useful. It even mentions laws on E-waste management in India nd other countries) Let's not add to it.
    2. Electronic Gadgets have materials which are very very rare(Rare Earth Elements). The rate at which new electronic gadgets are coming in we will Earth’s rarest metals ranked in a new 'risk list' - BBC News. So try to REUSE or RETHINK before branding a electronic device as waste.
    3. Most of the Municipal Corporations here suck at cleaning up waste and waste disposal. So please be very careful in handing over E-waste to them. You may be unintentionally harm someone.

Thanks for reading! And have a nice day/night!
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Thanks for the detailed report friend .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lenovo, the big brand from China, has launched two new smartphones with Lenovo S930 and S650 that run on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system and have got Dual SIM...
Google today has quietly unveiled a new website that helps its users perform various tasks using Google products. The aptly named Google Tips website has got clickable cards relating to...
1. Permanent magnet DC motors have a permanent magnet as the field magnet. According to laws of physics, a permanent magnet loses its magnetic property if subjected to heat. now...
Intel - the global chipmaker for our smartphones, tablets and PCs, has today shared its plans to develop a new chip that will have support for voice-enabled applications. And the...
Analog to Digital conversion is 8000 samples per second of 13 bits each. Bit rate of 104 kbits/s. When it is considered that 8 subscribers use one radio channel, the...