Sms

Today I received a sms..that i would liked to share with you
38% of doctors in USA are Indians
12% Scientists in USA are Indians
36% of NASA scientists are Indians
34% of Microsoft employees are Indians
17% of INTEL employees are Indians
Indians are Great but India is not
If all these brainfulL idiots had worked for India ,we would have raced US in few days

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i have read this as a forward long time back.
    it is indeed not nice to see that many Indians prefer higher pay packages abroad rather than the satisfaction they get when they work for their country.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...and how many are preparing for GRE? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Guttu
    Guttu
    I'll work for my country only. Brain\talent I have, if any, belongs to my country.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I will also definitely works for my country.However My dream is to work in silicon valley,california..but that is 2nd thing,I have more attachment towards my country
    Proud to be an Indian
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    my work definitely belongs to my country.i'm sure the institutions here are up to certain standards and India can also provide excellent working atmosphere.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    All that is fine, but at the end of the day, I think it's not very much wrong to go and work in another country. Just because you work 'in India' doesn't mean that you are working 'for India'. Also, those people who work in other countries bring in valuable foreign exchange inside India and that's very important.

Anyhow, if all those people employed in foreign countries suddenly return to India, where's the opportunity or the capability to accommodate all those?
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Why should someone work in India where his/her talent is not fully recognized, payscale is much less & amenities are scarce.
    Government is corrupt, politicians are eating away the countries wealth in 1000 crores . Farmers are committing suicide. In big cities, crime is increasing day by day. Population is the biggest problem, earlier politicians used to talk about solving it, but now they just don't talk about it.
    Even if all the NRIs return India, they can't convert it into US. The problem is corruption in every stage of social, economical, political spheres of the country.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Vik is right to some extent

India can surely race to the top if at all it wants to. The procedures here keep you roam in a merry go round where you end up to place where you had started with nothing in hand
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    vik001ind
    Why should someone work in India where his/her talent is not fully recognized, payscale is much less & amenities are scarce.
    Government is corrupt, politicians are eating away the countries wealth in 1000 crores . Farmers are committing suicide. In big cities, crime is increasing day by day. Population is the biggest problem, earlier politicians used to talk about solving it, but now they just don't talk about it.
    Even if all the NRIs return India, they can't convert it into US. The problem is corruption in every stage of social, economical, political spheres of the country.

I completely agree with this point! infact I have made a blog on this as well !

Can we change the system collectively? I guess NO !! So better settle abroad!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    vik001ind

This is the Exact thing whats happening here. Among all these things, attachment to the country is very negligible and unconsidered.

So, guys settle in a place where your talent is recognized.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Guys I don't agree with these arguments...
    if something is not correct then it's your responsibility to correct it..
    very much disappointed after reading all these...
    ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Its very easy to talk about these things, everyday we will sit at gossip about the current situations, but its very difficult to implement.
    A qualified engineer or doctor would definitely choose to wander to a better place where people value his/her skills rather than fighting with the system & trying to correct it , its not realistic at all.
    Infact nowadays gererally people who opposes the system have there personal motives rather than correcting the system.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...maybe the situation arrived in India because talented Indians didn't join politics, social work, technology.

Of course, its easy to talk about things than doing it for real.

I personally thing, life's worth living for a cause and for the betterment of people's lives.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    The_Big_K
    ...maybe the situation arrived in India because talented Indians didn't join politics, social work, technology.

Of course, its easy to talk about things than doing it for real.

I personally thing, life's worth living for a cause and for the betterment of people's lives.
    I don't think that the situation arrived in India because talented people didn't join politics, technology, social work. There are many talented people who don't leave the country because of family & property issues.
    We have many well know institutes where these people work. We have launched our own satellites & built our own supercomputer.
    But the problems in our country often tries to slow them down.

Who says corrupt politicians are not talented. I think they are far more talented than an engineer or a MBA. Haven't you heard about Lalu taking classes of world famous B-schools students & giving them managerial ideas.
    So talented people are not doing the right thing here.
    So there is a difference in being talented & using our talent in cheating others & being talented & using it in the right way.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Vik: I agree with you. I should have said talented people with right intentions instead of talented people.

I personally have witnessed what an IAS officer with good intention can do to change a city for good in just a matter of months, against all corruption and red tapism. It all boils down to patriotism and willingness to work for one's country against odds. Life isn't very smooth in other countries.

What made other countries progress is its people who loved their country and worked for it.

That said, I already see a positive wave among the new generation who want to live in India and make a difference. I am very confident about the youth, especially engineers bringing the much desired change.

That's my personal opinion though ๐Ÿ˜€
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    well i would opt to live in India.
    i don't want to see the comfort that the country has to offer me....but i want to make sure that i can sustain with all the opportunities the country offers.for me it is india. ๐Ÿ˜€
    as for the corruption...people we shouldn't go about complaining and see what we can do about it.
    and... ask not what the country can do for you....ask what you can do for your country...
    cheers ๐Ÿ‘
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    that's the spirit cool twins ....I am very happy...
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    They all are racing just for money..
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    cooltwins
    well i would opt to live in India.
    i don't want to see the comfort that the country has to offer me....but i want to make sure that i can sustain with all the opportunities the country offers.for me it is india.
    as for the corruption...people we shouldn't go about complaining and see what we can do about it.
    and... ask not what the country can do for you....ask what you can do for your country...
    cheers
    In a layman approach, if no one complains how anybody can stand against the injustice or corruption. Complaining & debating over the problems is very essential to solve the problem. Thats why we are posting in this thread.
    In general case people who tries to fight against the system gets very delayed justice or no justice at all. Infact most of the people gets accustomed to the system & starts contributing to the corruption. Thats why a large group of engineers in India rushes for public sector jobs where work is less, income is good & there is scope of bribe.

As the discussion has gone very far, I'm forced to tell what exactly do a think. Personally I don't have any extremist type of patriotic feeling. My land, your land, theirs land these things just end up in wars & pain. I believe in united world where there is no division of any kind. So ancient quotes like "ask not what the country can do for you....ask what you can do for your country" don't apply on me & I create my own quote from realism of modern times.

People (engineers, doctors, scientist) who go abroad generally contributes to the whole world where their skills fully used. Suppose some engineer goes to NASA & contributes in developing a satellite which collects new information about some planet. Those information adds up to the knowledge of whole world.

g_rakesh2
    They all are racing just for money..
    And some people do go abroad for money, Whats wrong in it, they want better life for their family so they choose to work in different nation & working condition that may be harsh. Infact they contribute more to the indian developing economy than the people who choose to stay here by bringing currency from developed nations.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Vik: Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion ๐Ÿ˜€ and yours is welcome. Thinking on the same lines [an ideal world without borders, regions et al.], there are few developed parts and few underdeveloped (developing) which need development. That's what, I believe, others have said (directly or indirectly). Engineers talent should be used in solving problems that people face; meaning fixing modern sanitary systems, better power supply, green energy, creating jobs for people.

Of course, one can achieve that from any part in the world - without being too patriotic. I personally decided to work from India because I see lot of problems to be fixed here to make people's lives better. I'm not too idealistic. But I don't want to restrict myself to India; I'd want to make people's lives better in all parts of the world.

Bringing currency from developed nations is, I believe, overrated. What you give away and what you send back home has a vast gap; the former being lot bigger than the latter. I doubt how the foreign money helps develop Indian economy.

A strong middle class and business houses [Ex. Tatas, Birlas, Ambanis, Mittals] contribute a lot more to developing nations.

PS: Too much posting here from me, I believe. Rest of it is on my blog in various posts. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    The_Big_K
    Bringing currency from developed nations is, I believe, overrated. What you give away and what you send back home has a vast gap; the former being lot bigger than the latter. I doubt how the foreign money helps develop Indian economy.

A strong middle class and business houses [Ex. Tatas, Birlas, Ambanis, Mittals] contribute a lot more to developing nations.

๐Ÿ˜‰
    I might be wrong, but I was just comparing general economic contribution two engineers one who goes out & other who stays not the business giants like birla,tata etc, though such things often depends on company whether it's private,public,MNC etc. An engineer may be serving a native company abroad & another may be serving a foreign company in the native country.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hm, should we move this to the debate section? ๐Ÿ˜› Interesting perspectives here.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Wonderful opinions going out there!

I have something to add here!!

People who love their country, I love my country and I stay here or I love my country and I stay in US will that make any difference to my Country?

I guess no!!

There are people who want to earn money they go to US , is there any thing wrong in it?

I guess no, because we are chasing our want and we will go where we get what we want..

So loving ones country and going somewhere to settle or earn money is not wrong , but one should not spoil the country's heritage (this is another topic though)

Next Dont ask what your country do for you ,ask what you can do for your country...

Now as a Indian I pay taxes promptly , I follow rules and regulations which our Indian government put in place , but what's happening with the tax we are paying to the country?

The money is being wasted mostly in corruption and helping the backward classes providing free education etc etc.. just for political benefits.

So is it worth paying tax to these useless politicians?

And Ash.. I suggest you move it... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I doubt this thread is discussing what's right and what's wrong. Its just about opinions ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ash, change the title suitably and move it to debate ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

share the data and information regarding automatic ups.
Im looking for a project, that i can create myself. using a 555 timer to create a low duty cycle TTL square wave to power an array of Inferred LEDS...
Every day you use some electronic gadgets like calculators,mobiles and keyboards Why is it that a calculator or a cellphone the number five has a little dot on it?? have...
Hi , I want to try for an internship this summer in some company Can some one guide me in this ? I am in 6th sem of CSE studying...
hello friends.. im using yahoo messenger version 9..i changed my broadband connection few days back and now as i try to video chat my cam refuses to connect.. i cant...