have you ever noticed?

Every day you use some electronic gadgets like calculators,mobiles and keyboards
Why is it that a calculator or a cellphone the number five has a little dot on it?? have you noticed that, do you know the reason why is that dot always there?
For your information here is the answer
That little dot tell people that are blind that is the #5 key. They know what direction to go from there to get to the other numbers they want. You find that on most of the phones and calculators. There is a dot on the letter "F" and the letter "J" on computer keyboards. Your left index finger goes on the F key and your right one goes on the J key. On key boards it is for people that can see as well as those that can't.

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah i have been meddeling with them but never thought why they had that projection.
    good info.thanks goyal😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Thanks goyal for your clarification with the information!!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I think it is for the people who could see earlier but not now , or it for people to work at night with no light.
    My question is if a blind person knows which is 5 or F or J he will not know in which direction the other letters and characters are located.
    So I think it not work for people who are blind by birth..
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yes ES you can say but in my neighbourhood there is a couple who are child birth and they can use mobiles very efficiently but i think you are right for keyboard...keyboard is a tough job for these people
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    I think those bumps on the F and J keys are for you to know that your hand are properly placed on the keyboard so that you don't have to look at the keyboard while typing.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi , I want to try for an internship this summer in some company Can some one guide me in this ? I am in 6th sem of CSE studying...
hello friends.. im using yahoo messenger version 9..i changed my broadband connection few days back and now as i try to video chat my cam refuses to connect.. i cant...
hey please advice me what to do after b.tech gmat or gre
Hi all! I'm having a problem. You see I have this project to do, which involves creating a digital keyboard. It wen ok so far, but and my teacher wants...
Can anyone answer this basic dilemma please? I have a 1 F capacitor with 1 V across it. I have a second capacitor with no charge, V = 0, same...