Smart College

Hello

I have an idea to make a Smart College..

First idea is Notice board using the LED display Such as one used at Railway Station

[​IMG]

We can use One Big LED Display rather then using Two-Three in Row...

The Main Notice board should be large in size which Displays the Room Numbers, ... of course scrolling one...
Such as
EC 1st year:Room No 107
Admin Office: 5
Communication Lab: 109 etc

While in The Second Row....
It Displays important notice like Exam form Submission Date and many more Important Date

And as a Sub part of this board...
There are some more notice board one for each department but small in Size to display their internal important announcement.

We can Implement IVRS System for the Result and Attendance System

PS: I am using LED display as a Primary Stage.. we can replace it by LCD also 😉....

And this Project Based on Simple 8051 and want to make as Simple as we can

More Suggestion are most welcome..

-godfather

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yep, we have that at our uni as well, usually just to display events and important notices.

Good luck! I'll chip in with additional ideas if I could later.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ash
    Yep, we have that at our uni as well, usually just to display events and important notices.

Good luck! I'll chip in with additional ideas if I could later.
    Thanks Ash..
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I want to Connect that Display with the PC which is operated from admin Office so if there is any important news then they have to Write it in the GUI and that GUI will transfer the data to Hardware.. via Serial port...

So I also Want to Make that GUI...

CS Guys you can pour your idea for this GUI...

Means Communication Between Hardware and Computer.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Why do we need an IVRS for results and attendance? Attendance can be registered using biometric access machines (say a finger print reader) and results can be communicated to the students using an SMS service. Not only results, you can also convey notices to them using an SMS.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    mayurpathak
    Why do we need an IVRS for results and attendance? Attendance can be registered using biometric access machines (say a finger print reader) and results can be communicated to the students using an SMS service. Not only results, you can also convey notices to them using an SMS.
    humm

SMS service is more reliable..

IVRS for Attendance.... this service will be used by parents to know the attendance of their child 😉

Well Mayur nice one SMS can Replace this System...

Thanks for the Suggestion [​IMG] For More ideas
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    Also maybe we can include a video confrencing system whereby students don't have to attend a physical class. The just log on to their respective classes through video confrencing that way you can study anywhere as long as you are connected. Ofcourse physical meeting can be organised when need be.
    This will mean you have to trace class attendance by seeing who is logged on to the confrence.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Munguti
    Also maybe we can include a video confrencing system whereby students don't have to attend a physical class. The just log on to their respective classes through video confrencing that way you can study anywhere as long as you are connected. Ofcourse physical meeting can be organised when need be.
    This will mean you have to trace class attendance by seeing who is logged on to the confrence.
    idea noted
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Sorry for my late comments 😔

My group has done a proposal of a project that involved that kind of display system (a bus tracking system), so I'll just focus on that aspect. Its a bit more involved than just a microcontroller though.

At each of the locations of the LED displays there will be a mini-ITX motherboard (we'll call them Control Unit) attached to it. Most commercial LED displays have serial outputs, so this will be connected to the Control Unit. The Control Unit contains a 802.11g module thats connected to the university's existing wireless network.

That way, you can have some flexibility on where the displays can be located, without the need to pull a CAT-5 cable around.

There will be a central XAMPP based server, containing a database, where each of these Control Units get their display information from. Of course, any authorized users (such as admins) can config this database from any location.

The Control Unit will contain a simple Linux based OS. For sure, the mini-ITX its quite an overkill just to control the display, but it is not that expensive (the atom based ones) and can be used for other things.. such as surveillance or stream videos too. In fact, if there is extra budget.. the LED displays can be replaced with LCD monitors. So there is a scalability aspect to it for future upgrading.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to get PG from IIT. But some of my professor telling that, "PG is good option if you prefer lecturer job. Otherwise no need.". I don't want lecturer...
Hello Ceans, Well Protel is a very good tool for the PCB designing here I am going to post a introduction and basic function tutorial for you people after this...
I guess this is my first proper post.Really glad i found this forum:smile::smile:. Idea for society(which i don't know if feasible😒):I was just thinking.We see many tailors working at almost...
This idea came in my mind when I was surfing the CE forum. What if we make a standalone application especially built for CE. I thought deeply about this project....
Hi I am computer engineer but not a qualified engineer. I need to know about the way object oriented design works. i.e. everything about classes and its relationships with its...