Getting Started With PROTEL 99SE

[​IMG]
Hello Ceans,

Well Protel is a very good tool for the PCB designing here I am going to post a introduction and basic function tutorial for you people after this tutorial you will be familiar with the PROTEL.

There are Main Three Parts when you are going to design a PCB
1.[FONT="] [/FONT]Schematic Design.
2.[FONT="] [/FONT]Add Footprints
3.[FONT="] [/FONT]PCB artwork

Schematic Design: in this section you have to draw the interactive Circuit diagram.
Footprints: as you are going to Draw the layout of the PCB you must be aware with the Component size and according to that you have to place the outline of the particular component.
PCB artwork: in this section you have to decide the place or the components and also draw a connection line between components

We will see all this section in detail first of lets Start form scratch.

Make a New File:

Remember that .ddb is the extension for the Protel file

• Click on the File->New There is a Window
[​IMG]

• Click on the Browse Choose the Appropriate Folder where you want to save your file and also give the name you desired
[​IMG]
Here I had keep it in Test Folder and named it to XYZ.

• Then Press OK you have now window like this…
[​IMG]
Now you have to work with basically four Documents of Protel

• Schematic Document
  • PCB Document
  • Schematic Library
  • PCB Library
Click on the Document [​IMG]
There is Blank Window available now you have to Create the Documents here..
Do Right Click->New on that Blank Window
[​IMG]
Description of all these files we use mainly five among them…..
Document Folder: You can make a Folder in Protel to manage your Documents Properly.
PCB Document: Here you have to design the Layout and do artwork in this Document.
PCB Library Document: In this Document you can create your own Footprint for new Components.
Schematic Document: In this Document you can draw the Circuit diagram and add the footprint of the component here
Schematic Library Document: In this document you can design your own schematic symbol.

Now I had created one Schematic Document first.

[​IMG]

Now to place the components Click on Browse Sch [​IMG]

Choose your Component and Click on the Place button and do Left click to place that Component.
To remove selection do right click.

You can Zoom in and Out Using PAGE UP and DOWN key.
[​IMG]

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I am working for Next part will post it soon 😁
  • shailendravyas
    shailendravyas
    please tell me the next step or how to convert the schematic into pcb layout soon
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    shailendravyas
    please tell me the next step or how to convert the schematic into pcb layout soon
    Sorry for long delay, will post it soon.

Till than have a great time on CE. 😁
  • silenthorde
    silenthorde
    Simply awesome....Thanx a lot dude.....Wanted to learn PCB design from GOd knows when...Great work...
  • silenthorde
    silenthorde
    Mods Il make a humble request to make this thread STICKY...

We CEans don't want to lose this

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I guess this is my first proper post.Really glad i found this forum:smile::smile:. Idea for society(which i don't know if feasible😒):I was just thinking.We see many tailors working at almost...
This idea came in my mind when I was surfing the CE forum. What if we make a standalone application especially built for CE. I thought deeply about this project....
Hi I am computer engineer but not a qualified engineer. I need to know about the way object oriented design works. i.e. everything about classes and its relationships with its...
Hi all crazy CEans!! I have a great idea to increase the number of active member. When I first got the idea & I contacted godfather for help. He said...
Hi guys, thought it's about time to come to the experts, basically my set up is, 3 wires coming out of the ceiling, each wire has its own blue, brown...