Signal Choppers

What are signal choppers and how do we relate them with FETs😕 ?///

Replies

• Rifaa
    Rifaa
    Basically signal choppers are circuit that limits the voltage to a predetermined value.
    And I don't think it's related to any thing since SS diodes can be used as signal choppers too.
    Say if u put 2 silicon diodes back to back across a sine wave source the out put will be reduced to the forward voltage drop of the diodes, like 0.6 from either side.
    Any increase in the AC voltage will not be reflected at the output where the diodes are connected. but will be limited to the diode voltage.
    So if FET's are used, one can design the FET biasing so that the FET turns on chopping the output top any value you require.
    Get the point
  • Ernesha
    Ernesha
    thanks!!.........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear sir, I need help to design a 33/11 kv sub station using compact type high voltage switch gears etc. please help me and i am also request that i...
hello !! can u please give me information regarding any I.t company providing summer trainning for second year students in july.
Hi all, I have a problem here, I'm new to the field of Control engineering, I'm a student, and I need to calculate the power of a signal in a...
can anybody help me with regenerative feed heating in power plants. a project would be very helpful.
Hi CEans, I am an engineer from Seoul, Korea South using DEFORM for my Metal Rolling simulation. It's nice to find out a very interesting and active community of Mechanical...