Shouldn't be there option to choose your MobileOS on any Mobile hardware?

With dominating presence of open source Mobile OS. Don't you think it would be great if we have choice to install any mobile operating system on a blank hardware just like laptops.
It's difficult to get custom hardware (like increasing ram and other parts) but it's possible to make a blank hardware and let users to choose their OS.
We all know only few Android devices are there which doesn't suck at build. while Nokia is still making very build for lumia series.
Now there are at least 3 open source Mobile OS in upcoming market:
  • Android
  • Ubuntu (Not too far from release)
  • Tizen (also coming into pictures)
Isn't it great opportunity for Nokia, Samsung and some leading laptop manufacturer to bring a new product Blank Mobile Hardware and let the user choose between OS.
Windows Mobile OS could also be included, it can be purchased like their desktop version.

Do you think this idea could bring new market in Mobile market??

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Yeah! ofcourse,man. It would be so fun, you know.
    I change my Android's ROM in every 10-12 days, just because I hate looking at same interface everyday. I guess there are many people like me.
    If we're allowed to select our favourite OS for our smartphone, then it will surely change the market.Companies will start focusing on hardware part more, resulting in phones with better configuration.
    BTW, who doesn't like to use Android,Sailfish,Ubuntu & Tizen in one smartphone ?

On the bright-side, if this happens; the closed-source OS will be dead! And that's what I wanna see before my soul leave the body ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today is my first day.TBH im giving a small background of my family Mom is M.Tech Civil and was a lecturer in mechanics at a reputed mumbai college called Saboo...
Hi FOLKS, I'm trying to run a simple struts appln. But at the very end i'm reaching the following error... Could anyone please help me. HTTP Status 404 - /ActionTest/birthday.jsp...
I am tired of printing books & taking books wherever I go in bag with me. So, I am planning to buy Kindle. Yeah, the simple non-touch version, with no...
nVidia Geforce GTX 780's rival AMD Radeon HD 9970's Engineering samples has been developed by AMD. As per the latest news, AMD recently handed few Engineering samples of Radeon HD...
Well Microprocessors are everywhere and all the electronic nerds need to have a clear cut idea in the instruction and architecture of each microprocessor for better utilisation And the basic...