Struts in Eclipse Indigo

Hi FOLKS,
I'm trying to run a simple struts appln. But at the very end i'm reaching the following error... Could anyone please help me.
HTTP Status 404 - /ActionTest/birthday.jsp

type Status report
message /ActionTest/birthday.jsp
description The requested resource (/ActionTest/birthday.jsp) is not available.

I've also attached the files i've used...
birthday.jsp

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"  %>

<%@ taglib  uri="WEB-INF/struts-tags.tld" prefix="s"%>

Birthday | Wish

Enter the Birthday Boys name:

//birthdaySuccess.jsp <%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" pageEncoding="UTF-8"%> <%@ taglib uri="WEB-INF/struts-tags.tld" prefix="s"%> Success | Birthday

Wish you a Very Happy Birthday to You :-)

//noBirthday.jsp <%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" pageEncoding="UTF-8"%> <%@ taglib uri="WEB-INF/struts-tags.tld" prefix="s"%> No | Birthday

No body

//Web.xml ActionTest birthday.jsp struts2 org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher struts2 *.jsp //struts.xml birthday.jsp birthdaySuccess.jsp noBirthday.jsp

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Are you sure, your following code is right??

birthday.jsp

You can map a action with is fully qualified action class. A JSP is not a action class.
    BTW, you can access jsp directly. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Nikumbh
    Nikumbh
    #-Link-Snipped-# : But i don't think that's the reason caused the above mentioned error... Anyway i've removed that action part(named "birthday"). Still i've ended up with the following error.

type Status report
    message /ActionTest/birthday.jsp
    description The requested resource (/ActionTest/birthday.jsp) is not available.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    can you give directory structure and which struts version you are using?
    You have this: uri="WEB-INF/struts-tags.tld"

is tld is there?? can you use this, see if help:
    uri="/struts-tags"
  • Nikumbh
    Nikumbh
    The problem is solved now. Initially i haven't included the javassist-3.11.0.GA.jar in my lib folder. Now it's working. Anyways #-Link-Snipped-# Thank you very much for the response bro...
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Great!! you solved it by yourself ๐Ÿ‘
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    ianoop
    Are you sure, your following code is right??

birthday.jsp

You can map a action with is fully qualified action class. A JSP is not a action class.
    BTW, you can access jsp directly. ๐Ÿ˜€

I was wrong , you can define jsp as action URL by following code, by adding ForwardAction

• Nikumbh
    Nikumbh
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Once again thank you very much bro.......๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am tired of printing books & taking books wherever I go in bag with me. So, I am planning to buy Kindle. Yeah, the simple non-touch version, with no...
nVidia Geforce GTX 780's rival AMD Radeon HD 9970's Engineering samples has been developed by AMD. As per the latest news, AMD recently handed few Engineering samples of Radeon HD...
Well Microprocessors are everywhere and all the electronic nerds need to have a clear cut idea in the instruction and architecture of each microprocessor for better utilisation And the basic...
Hi CEians , I am now using proteus s/w for 8051 stimulation,but it support for only windows only. I like to know is there is any other s/w like proteus...
Well I ruined my mobile by dropping it Well the problem is that the push switch on top of the mobile is broken and needs replacement I am not sure...