Shell Script for Tower of Hanoi

hello CEans

Can anyone please help with a shell script for Tower of Hanoi ? 😕

as we cannot pass parameters to functions in Linux please tell a program in c/c++ otherwise but without use of recursion so that it can be translated into Linux shell script syntax

Thanks

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
     #include 
    #include 

int main()
    {
       int n, x;
       printf( "How many disks? " );
       scanf( "%d", &n );
       printf("\n");
       for (x=1; x < (1 << n); x++)
          printf( "move from tower %i to tower %i.\n",
             (x&x-1)%3, ((x|x-1)+1)%3 );
    return 0;
    }
    This is not my creation ..hope it will help you
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    thanks a lot goyal

But you are sure that it will work! so can i use it directly without checking as i have the exam tomorrow itself

Also can you explain it a little bit what is the code doing by taking an example of 3 disks
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    sorry ...i can't explain you..but i am sure it will work...I have tested it...
    as it is not created by me......
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Ok thanks a lot ! 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am mother of two kids and i believe that in todays modern world kids should have better understanding of indian culture. I came across an educational kids website ...
The title pretty much says it all. I'm not an engineer but have been tinkering (mostly with computers) and various inventions my whole life. I wanted to build a mini...
Intel has announced new Intel Atom processors that feature integrated graphics built directly into the CPU, enabling improved performance and smaller, more energy-efficient designs in a new generation of netbooks....
Guys. Can you help me out with the companies where i can do Industrial training during Summer..
Infosys is conducting joint campus placement. Please tell me the tips and tricks to score in the written test. what topics and which books should I prefer? what are the...