Samsung Wave S8500 Battery Review: Regular Use

I've been evaluating Samsung Wave S8500. The phone packs 1500mAh battery.

I charged the phone to 100% and put the phone on regular use [ non-3G network, moderate GPRS use of about 10 minutes, ~30-45 minutes of phone calls, 3 minutes on speakerphone and about 30 minutes of music through headphones ] for the past 48 hours and the battery is down to 66%. So I'm guessing the phone will easily do next 48~72 hours.

I think the battery is fairly impressive. I'll update this thread after few hours.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, it's been more than 24 hours since I posted this thread. I put the phone on some intensive GPRS use, 30 minutes of phone calls, about 20 minutes of music through headphones. I also used the camera to take photo shots (about 10). The phone is currently at 31% and I'm sure it will last for another 48 hours if I put it on moderate use. Let's see.
  • barrbev
    barrbev
    He man, Im new here and Im from Amsterdam and I have a question. This #-Link-Snipped-# model (is it the best?) is being released over here and my carrier offered me some kind of deal. Either get this one for an extra 150 euros or pick one of the older models (#-Link-Snipped-#) for free. Now im not really familiar with phones in general, but... Are you? Id like to get some comments on the phones and whether or not I should take the deal... Thanks Barry!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    barrbev
    He man, Im new here and Im from Amsterdam and I have a question. This #-Link-Snipped-# model (is it the best?) is being released over here and my carrier offered me some kind of deal. Either get this one for an extra 150 euros or pick one of the older models (#-Link-Snipped-#) for free. Now im not really familiar with phones in general, but... Are you? Id like to get some comments on the phones and whether or not I should take the deal... Thanks Barry!
    Well, I'm more than satisfied with this phone. It's can beat any damn smartphone in the market (even the iPhone 4). The only thing that's pulling this phone down is that it's got limited apps in the samsung app store. If that's not a problem, go with this phone. You'll be happy!
  • barrbev
    barrbev
    The_Big_K
    Well, I'm more than satisfied with this phone. It's can beat any damn smartphone in the market (even the iPhone 4). The only thing that's pulling this phone down is that it's got limited apps in the samsung app store. If that's not a problem, go with this phone. You'll be happy!
    aight man, thanks for the quick reply! ill keep that in mind fo sho!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Suggest some technical events that can be organised in any inauguration
hello friends, I write a program to copy a text file in java. But i didn't get the text in serial way. Check out this import java.io.*; public class r...
hi, i wana know about the "best simulator" for PLC ladder programming... Plz help me to find this.....
can any one suggest me some projects on networking based on ccna
Gallery for funny avatars. I'm quite sure most of the CEans here can use these avatars for their own profile on CrazyEngineers.