Role of admixture in RMC?

what is the role of admixture in RMC?Is it advantageous to make use of admixtures in concrete?

with regards,
gopal(#-Link-Snipped-#)

Replies

• gopaldeshpande
    gopaldeshpande
    Why is admixture added in RMC?
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    gopaldeshpande
    what is the role of admixture in RMC?Is it advantageous to make use of admixtures in concrete?

with regards,
    gopal(#-Link-Snipped-#)
    There are different types of admixtures are used in the concrete for various requirement. Here i list out the types
    1. Accelerating admixtures.
    2. Retrading admixtures.
    3. water reducing admixtures.
    4. Air entraining admixtures.
    5. super plasticizing admixtures. etc.
    Every admixtures having their own property.
    For eg: Accelerating admixtures used to increase the rate of hydration, shorten the time of set, increase the rate of hardening & strength.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Everyone, I'm from Karnataka. I failed in final exams, means😀thumbdown:Have some backlogs). Also not got placement in any good company due Sensex like %age History. Can't stay in home,...
I m a student of mechanical enggineering. I m studying at VIIT in Pune University. I m very glad to join a vast group of brainy fellows. I would like...
Name: Sreejith T Vikram *Engineering Trade: Computer Science & Engineering Location: Kollam , Kerala . *Occupation : Student. *Hobbies & Interests: Computers,Reading ... discovery channel....and much more .. *Aim in...
Most of the modern supercomputers , uses linux based operating systems.Why don't they use Windows?
Anybody any good SPICE program for Linux. I am in audio HI-FI (beginner) and had LTSpice, but it is only for Windows. Thank you, Michel