Robotics Project Idea for Engineering Students

Okay, this idea just struck my mind and I guess someone could use it. I am not sure if it has been done.

Create a snake robot, about 72 cm long, that can align itself with any random curve drawn on the floor.

:smile:

Got it? So if I draw 'S' on the floor, my robot should detect the shape and align itself over the shape. If I draw a circle, my robot should align itself on the circle. If I do draw N, the snake should take the form of 'N'. Got it?

How's the idea, folks?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    wat's the application of this idea, anyway? where can you use it?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Well when we are using any project it should have some Application...

We can use Color sensor to Make this Robot..

@biggie Sounds good nice idea
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure of the applications. Can anyone think of some?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    As toys? 😛
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    As a learning device for toddlers. They will learn to differentiate b/w shapes and alphabets.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    *begins to write a business plan*
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, smaller sized snakes would be safer for toddlers. A group of them might even be used to spell simple words out.

😉
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ash
    As toys? 😛
    Going to be a costliest toy for sure.
  • mit9805
    mit9805
    am in 3rd year of engineering.. i want to make it as a mini project.. can u pls give me complete details for the project? thanks in advance...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mit9805
    am in 3rd year of engineering.. i want to make it as a mini project.. can u pls give me complete details for the project? thanks in advance...
    What would come under complete details? I think I've already explained the project in detail.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am looking for a innovative subject for my mini project
CEans, We are glad to present the pre-release review of Ashish Jaiswal's True Dummy : The catch line of the book says: "A fable of existence" And it truly is...
CEans, CE brings crazy engineers from around the world together through the Internet. Now, we certainly don't want all our engineers to keep discussing the stuff through the forums. We...
CE Bangalore Meet - everyone jump in! CEans from Bangalore, India! How about a meet in Bangalore? Interested CEans - confirm your interest by saying 'aye' in response to this...
We have had lots of registrations from Egypt. I am wondering if our CEans from Egypt would be willing to come together! If you are from Egypt and willing to...