robot design

i am wondering why my manual control robot, not moving straight. is it because of the design or wrong in placement of wheel? in my design, i put wheel at the back. one at the left side, and another one at the right side. and then, i put ball transfer at the front side. any idea??

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Give your schematic or something else to tell us about your bot.
    A robot might not move in a straight line due to a hundred reasons..

Well, specifically, the motor driver circuit might be faulty. Or, the problem might be in your remote, as you've said it's a manual bot. I'd say, most probably problem is with the remote. Check if the motor works fine separately, ie, without the robot. If it works fine, then remote is malfunctioning.

It may be that, when you press forward button, some other signal like left or right may be transmitted by the remote. That mihgt be the reason for the awkward movement. Check it up.
  • fndz_ceo
    fndz_ceo
    okay, i'll upload the design through my blogspot.
    here is my blog url A-Bomb Blogspot: robot design
    thanks for that info. =)
  • nany_mech
    nany_mech
    fndz_ceo
    okay, i'll upload the design through my blogspot.
    here is my blog url A-Bomb Blogspot: robot design
    thanks for that info. =)
    I had gone through your blog !

It a nice idea. I have a doubt , are you using the pneumatic cylinders to drive your robo ?

If so the most possible reason why your robot is not moving in a straight path is :: ' the difference in the pressures of the pneumatic cylinders '

If your robot is not using these cylinders to drive, do mention the driving mechanism here.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have another question about pneumatic. in my robot design for robowars, i decided to use pneumatic system. i have the design, but don't know how to attach. actually, i...
CAT 2009 dates have been declared by Indian Institutes of Management as - Saturday, 28 November 2009 - Monday, 7 December 2009 The complete CAT schedule is going to be...
CEans, If you are preparing for CAT, the following video released by IIMs will be useful to you - [youtube]TQzvSq15RLQ[/youtube] If you can't watch, the complete video URL is -...
The Pocket Cube has 6 faces each with two slices through them, "into plane"; each slice divides the cube in half. If you are allowed to move only a single...
Hi friends i am thinking of joining some courses in this recession time. I have two options 1.PLC,SCADA 2.Telecomm What should i choose so that it will benefit me in...