Question about pneumatic

i have another question about pneumatic. in my robot design for robowars, i decided to use pneumatic system. i have the design, but don't know how to attach. actually, i want to ask, if i use pneumatic system in my robot design, just to punch opponent robot, is it okay? or there is no effect at all??

Replies

• jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Pneumatic is not good hope so mate...
    Since leaking is major problem there mate...
  • fndz_ceo
    fndz_ceo
    leaking problem between the connection? because i downloads video from robowars, mostly they use pneumatic system. my 2nd idea was flipper rather than punch. i think punch maybe not very efficient because when punching, our robot might slipped a bit to backwards. for flipper, maybe the robot can throw away the opponent robot.
  • nany_mech
    nany_mech
    fndz_ceo
    leaking problem between the connection? because i downloads video from robowars, mostly they use pneumatic system. my 2nd idea was flipper rather than punch. i think punch maybe not very efficient because when punching, our robot might slipped a bit to backwards. for flipper, maybe the robot can throw away the opponent robot.

Pneumatic system is an easy one, so most of them use it. When coming to leakage, there is every possibility of leakage since what we use here is pressurized air.

Well coming to Punching, dont even think of it. Because to punch an opponent robot using pneumatics you have to use very high pressurized air, and the backward movement of the arm while punching is to be restricted.

If you want to go to a robo war where your robo is there to punch, its better to use hydraulics. Because the potential stored in hydraulics will make the robot more steady and the punching blow will be heavier.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CAT 2009 dates have been declared by Indian Institutes of Management as - Saturday, 28 November 2009 - Monday, 7 December 2009 The complete CAT schedule is going to be...
CEans, If you are preparing for CAT, the following video released by IIMs will be useful to you - [youtube]TQzvSq15RLQ[/youtube] If you can't watch, the complete video URL is -...
The Pocket Cube has 6 faces each with two slices through them, "into plane"; each slice divides the cube in half. If you are allowed to move only a single...
Hi friends i am thinking of joining some courses in this recession time. I have two options 1.PLC,SCADA 2.Telecomm What should i choose so that it will benefit me in...
CEans, Here's CE's ultimate collection of seminar topics. Enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜ PS: Now, pick up your topic and help us spread the word about CrazyEngineers among your friends. Your friends will...