RFID controlled lights

Hey, I'm looking into doing a project over the summer that uses an RFID module to turn the overhead lights in my room on and off. I have been thinking about it, and it seems like it would be easiest to use a Parallax RFID module, a BASIC Stamp controller, and a relay. It would be even simpler if this were to exist, but I doubt it does: an RFID with a built it relay that atuates the relay when the RFID is triggered.

So back to my original idea: if I hook up an RFID module to a BASIC stamp, and then to a relay, what kind of relay would I need to get? Could I power my BASIC Stamp and my RFID off of the same power source? The RFID requires 5VDC and the BASIC Stamp requires 6-9 VDC, so I'm thinking it would't work. Also - what weould power the relay? Would the battery connected to the BASIC Stamp be able to actuate the relay?

Thanks! Jacy😁

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Both RFID and BASIC stamp can be powered through same power souce as for relay how voltage you are going to apply at NO and NC connections???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It takes shingles off roofs. The teeth are subject to punishment and abrasion. The shaft is air-hammered upon and used as a pry bar. What would you like to see...
​ That's right folks, the Zune HD is real, and it's coming this Fall. Microsoft officially announced the next iteration in their Zune line today, making it less of a...
I am study degree now and there will be a project i have to do... But i have no idea what i can do, can anyone give me some opinion?...
Official Website: Bluetooth.com | Bluetooth Innovation World Cup With the Bluetooth Innovation World Cup the Bluetooth SIG is looking for new applications and products using the Bluetooth low energy technology...
I need mini projects in mechanical engineering. The idea should be innovative and useful and easy to do for an average 3rd year engineering student.