Review of " IndiaStudyChannel " website

Hi CEan's,

Anybody using this website ? I did a little search regarding it and got a positive reviews. I just wanted to checkout it with you guy's. If anybody aware of it, do post your opinions, comments... anything.

Thanks.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Their 'get paid' to contribute content program looks nice. I don't see any harm in trying. But what's the minimum balance to get paid?
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    They will pay the amount in two ways. One is paypal mode and other is check payment. Amount will be paid when our balance reaches to two thousand rupees. I am expecting minimum one user review here .......😐
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just be aware that Paypal payments won't work within India.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PayPal is not a good option... Cheque delivery times?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Hi CEan's,

Anybody using this website ? I did a little search regarding it and got a positive reviews. I just wanted to checkout it with you guy's. If anybody aware of it, do post your opinions, comments... anything.

Thanks.
    I read about the website and found that they claim -
    The quality of articles posted in this website is much better as all the articles are being reviewed by a group of well-experienced editors who are vigilant in watching all the materials that are posted in this site. Every single word is scrutinized to make sure that the articles that are posted have high quality.
    This gets a +10. 👍

Moreover, following agenda gives the members a lot of incentive to work in qualitative manner.

• One among the members of ISC will selected every week as 'Member of the week' and will be give a cash credit of Rs 250
    • ISC will select one member every month and will be given a cash credit of Rs 500/.
    • Active Participants in Weekly Group Discussion in ISC will be given a Cash Credit of Rs.100.
    • Top scorer with quality posts in every month will be given the award 'Wizard of the Month'. The winners will get Rs.250/ as cash credit.
    I feel something on the above lines can be worked out on CE too. We already had the 'CEan of the Month' initiative, may be we can start it all over again with some added features.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    AbraKaDabra
    We already had the 'CEan of the Month' initiative, may be we can start it all over again with some added features.
    Looking forward to see more like these here on CE....

Praveen-Kumar
    PayPal is not a good option... Cheque delivery times?
    I am trying to contact one of the most active user on ISC personally....
    Will try to get more details from him .....

The_Big_K
    Just be aware that Paypal payments won't work within India.
    Thanks . I didn't know that really....
    Check this out:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

PayPal Issues in India

1. Forex Losses
    You cannot use your PayPal balance to buy anything online but need to be using your credit card for all payments. This is perfectly fine but then forex rates of PayPal make it virtually impossible to use PayPal. Say I have $100 in PayPal and I want to make a payment of $100 for some purchase. I will be withdrawing my $100 in my PayPal at a USD to INR conversion of 43* and making the payment at 46*.
    * Rates are approximate rate.

2. Large payment problems
    You cannot accept payment above $500 which means PayPal can only be used for micro payments but not for large payments though you can split the large payments into small parts like a payment of $800 can be split into two parts of $400 each but you cannot accept $800 in one go.

3. No clear Policy updates
    You have to withdraw your PayPal funds in 7 days and so at times you may need to pay additional (though very nominal) PayPal withdrawal fees but there are lot of confusion as to what happens if one does not withdraw it. For example PayPal allows you to withdraw a minimum of $10 but what if one has less than $10 lying in the account for more than 7 days. You have to get into such a position and see how PayPal will behave because no one including support knows what will happen.

So having so many issues I have decided to move to other PayPal alternatives and so I am using couple of them.
  • avii
    avii
    I am using Paypal & I am happy with it. I agree with its limitations you mentioned above, but Paypal is like EVERYWHERE !
    avii
    I am using Paypal & I am happy with it. I agree with its limitations you mentioned above, but Paypal is like EVERYWHERE !
    But yeah... One thing is that, you can use someone who has retailed it!!! Like, a hosting company was providing a paypal button, which delivers the money in your account... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Virtual LANs is a L2 technique used to segregate users in a LAN(per say , seggregation of broadcast domain) . Now when I say L2, everyone relates it to a...
Well, this is the biggest thing that has been in my mind lately. India has been a developing country since a lot of time. How far is this legible for...
Various sources on the Internet are reporting that the Redmond giant is aiming for October 2012 release of their latest Windows 8 operating system across desktops and laptops. The initial...
Name: Shashank Sharma *Engineering Trade: MCA Location: Noida, India *Occupation: Working as Sr. Software Engineer, in Noida, India Work Experience: 4.5 Yrs, worked on various technologies ranging from VB 6.0,...
Samsung has silently launched the SamsungIndiaEStore.com website to sell their products online to Indian customers. The store is operated by savex computers ltd. which also is the national distributor of...