Re & Ma engineering degree online

Uni. of Tennessee is offering a master of science degree online in reliabilty and maintainability engineering.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Umm, what exactly is reliabilty and maintainability engineering?
  • gohm
    gohm
    A focus of all the main branches of engineering that concentrates on designing for optimal life cycle.

For a simplistic example, taking a basic pillow block bearing assembly (a key point of failure) and designing the unit using higher grade steels, teflon and zerk fittings for greasing of bearings results in a much longer life cycle & decreased point of failure due to increased reliabilty and easier maintainabilty.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That was quick! Thanks a ton for the information. Anyone signing up for online degree?
  • gohm
    gohm
    No problem, it's all about service! =) It is interesting how re & ma isn't limited to just one branch of engineering study but work with mech, civil, elect, computer, chemical, etc. areas.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Guys, It's really strange that we don't have a CE wallpaper so I decided to make my own CE wallpaper, please check it out!!!! and comments please.......... 1) CE...
Announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...sk-questions-dr-mike-foley-bluetooth-sig.html Important Links you should go through before you ask your questions - Bluetooth.com | Mike's Blog Bluetooth.com | Spokespeople Biographies -------------------------------------------- The deadline is May 29, 2009. No...
CEans, We are extremely happy to present you with the opportunity of lifetime! Dr. Mike Foley, Executive Director of Bluetooth Special Interest Group has agreed to answer our questions for...
I'm looking for some assistance with tensioning of guy wires on communication towers. Specifically in regard to adjusting for temperature. As some may know, initial tensions are usually set at...
Hey, I'm looking into doing a project over the summer that uses an RFID module to turn the overhead lights in my room on and off. I have been thinking...