CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 02 Dec, 2010
Let's say a phone has 8gb of internal memory and supports upto 32gb through microSD. Does that mean the phone will support total storage space of 8+32 = 40 GB? Or does it mean that the total memory cannot exceed 32GB?
@aj_onduty • 02 Dec, 2010
a phone has 8gb of internal memory and supports upto 32gb through microSD
If you have seen the above sentence, it means it can support 40GB.
I hope what it means by that is that it can support 32Gb through microSD. That means, it can support a total of 40GB. 8gb is internal.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 03 Dec, 2010 @aj: Are you sure. I think it's the OS/Firmware that decides how much memory is supported.
@aj_onduty • 03 Dec, 2010
The_Big_K
@aj: Are you sure. I think it's the OS/Firmware that decides how much memory is supported.
I hope they are saying that the phone can support 32GB through microSD even if it has 8GB internal memory because the phone OS may support a total of 40GB. Can't that be the fact. Which phone is it anyway? I am interested to know. Take a look at its FAQs which may be present somewhere in the internet.
FAQs... Hmm. I see something in those three letters, biggie, connect those three letters to the mobile forum idea.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 03 Dec, 2010 The question is not for any particular phone.
@aj_onduty • 03 Dec, 2010 If that is the case, then it differs from model to model. Please read the specifications carefully before buying and please do a good research about it before you buy it. The marketing managers of large firms are known for their usage of words, rather playing with words. 😉
@sam_from_hell • 05 Dec, 2010 I have a similar question, is the SD card the same as a SDHC card? Also my phone supports aupto 32GB external memory, but SD cards have max 4GB, and the 8(+)GB cards are SDHC only, so does my phone support SDHC too? I want to be sure before i buy, Thanks 😀
@silverscorpion • 05 Dec, 2010 Well, as far as I have heard, most phones are usually expandable upto 32 GB. That should mean the total memory including the internal memory should come to 32 GB, I think..

Not sure, though..
@krishna dalmia • 02 Jun, 2015 My device memory is expandable upto 32gb but my question is if i insert a memory card of 32gb ....will my device work properly without any problem .
@Jatin Kumar • 11 Jun, 2015 As far i have concerned with this topic , i used to use 4gb memory card where they said 2gb expandable it was working good with a little lag time to time,and about your question i think is 40GB total because they said
External memory:microsd, upto 32gb
and if you don't want to take any kind of risk ,go for OTG Pendrives.
@Rachit_l • 10 Aug, 2015 Sir if my phone expandable memory is upto 32 gb , then of how much gb's of pendrive i can connect using otg.. can i connect hard disk too??
@PRASAD MAGDUM • 27 Feb, 2016 Sir ,I have an 8GB expandable memory mobile & i can used a 32GB memory card in it then what happens?
7.9k views

Related Posts

@arunsn04 · Aug 12, 2011

i m doing my final year electrical engg..i have not done any certified courses .can anybody suggest me some courses which will be useful for getting placed in a core...
4.8k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jul 23, 2015

When it comes to writing professional emails in English, not many of us are comfortable doing it. The main reason is that we never get a chance to write a...
34.2k views

@CIVILPRINCESS · Feb 3, 2010

Buildings are the Worst Killers than the Earthquake. Earthquakes don’t kill; badly built houses do. Neglecting earthquake hazards in the design of buildings will not be fair designing. I got...
9.1k views

@Ankita Katdare · Aug 19, 2015

Lenovo India has made an exclusive partnership with Flipkart to launch its new smartphone called the Lenovo A2010 in the country. The phone proudly boasts the title of 'cheapest 4G...
4.5k views

@zaveri · Jul 24, 2012

Hey has anyone ever dealt with this engine before in anyway. i would like to know more about it. especially its sub-components and sub-assemblies.
8.6k views