Python or C++??

The lecturers in my college are teaching C++. But, there are a few forums which say that Python is better than C++. So, I need suggestions!!
Shall I start learning python too? which one is more better?? 😨

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The choice of language is mostly decided by the application being developed.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    You basically just need to learn only 1 language. Learn it properly and understand the concepts of programming & logic building.

Various languages just differ in syntax and some features. If you're aware with general programming concepts, you can code in any language of your choice just by referring to the documentation of that particular language.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Python is actually implemented over C. Meaning, Python is written in C. Python is an interpreted language, whereas C++ is a compiled language. Python is easy, both to read others' code and to write your own. You can very easily develop some working prototype of whatever you want to build. There are Python api's for almost all tasks you might want to do. But the problem is Python is slow, compared to C++ or C. But that is to be expected, since Python is a higher level language. The closer a language is to the native machine language, the faster it will be. That's why C is much faster than other high level languages.

So, in cases where performance is of prime importance, you should probably stick to C++. In other cases, you can try with Python first, as you'll be able to develop something fast and test the preliminary working. Learning Python will anyway be good for you. It's easy, you can learn the basics of it in just a week or so. It's pretty powerful too. Things for which you have to write tens of lines of code in C++ can be accomplished in just one line in Python, using powerful concepts like list and dictionary comprehension.

Have fun! 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - that's a very good response 👍
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Hmm.. thanks for the suggestion! 😀 I'll stick with C++ and after that I'll go for C#
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    #-Link-Snipped-# has given a clear explanation of the distinction between Python and C++

Learning Python need very less time investment compared to other languages.
    Once you're through with the basics, you'll be able to create a lot of useful code.

Useful is underlined because python will help you write a lot of small code snippets that'll automate regular tasks. Search for python examples around the web and you can confirm this.

Another important thing is, learning more programming languages makes you a better programmer;
    It improves your overall programming skills 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to know how the multiple access techniques are implemented practically. I know the Theory behind TDMA FDMA and CDMA but i dont know how is the channel shared...
Ever came across a machine without its main functional component. well here is one such thing. it seems to have a lot of advantages,one is safety, and the other being...
i am going to do small design project so i am going to use free software version provided by autodesk community . so i have downloaded AUTODESK INVENTOR PROFESSIONAL to...
Name:Nathi spandana​​Engineering Trade:Electronics and communication​ Occupation:Unemployed(2012 pass out) 😔. will find a job very soon 😀 Hobbies & Interests:Singing,Reading books..(My Fav book: THE 7HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE by Stephen...
hello im asad and i have done mechanical engineering...i want to know that am i elegible to do automotive engineering ?????