Project for gesture control of electronic equipment

my project idea is based on usage of gestures for control of electronic equipment... i was advised to do the project using LabVIEW. i need to get an idea of the Vision and Motion toolkit in LabVIEW. can someone help me with this??

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# are you talking about NI's LabView? I am not sure if it has module for motion detection but you can interface your camera signal to PC and use that signal in LabView.
  • Lakshana
    Lakshana
    yes sir i am talking about LabVIEW. thank you for replying... but i searched ni.com and found that it is possible to implement using it. but i am not able to get sufficient resources...
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Lakshana
    yes sir i am talking about LabVIEW. thank you for replying... but i searched ni.com and found that it is possible to implement using it. but i am not able to get sufficient resources...
    In this month NI is going to arrange one seminar at my place I am planning to attend this event and I will put your query in-front of them may we have some better solutions.
  • Lakshana
    Lakshana
    thank you so much sir... it is very kind of you. i hope your information will be helpful to me.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    You can use sensors to do so too i believe. Proximity sensors can serve this purpose. They can detect movement around your gadget and analyse the pattern of the signal. you can then program them to do particular task. I hope this must be close.
  • Lakshana
    Lakshana
    Yes it is. Thank you. You mean to say i could construct the system to work within a particular distance.
    Alright. But i need my system to detect the motion of the hand. And not just detect the presence of an object. Hope you get my point...and the difficulty involved..
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Lakshana
    Yes it is. Thank you. You mean to say i could construct the system to work within a particular distance.
    Alright. But i need my system to detect the motion of the hand. And not just detect the presence of an object. Hope you get my point...and the difficulty involved..

Yes I understand your idea. Its good one. Do you happen to know any kind of sensors that are sensitive to touch on the surface which can be deployed on the body of the gadget itself. Not the screen touch type. I think that sort of thing can help you too.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Use telemetry sensors or IR sensors they can easily detect the variations in the position of the hand at any instant time

Another solution is having a low frequency IR source and a receiver If the source is altered(moved) Then the intensity of IR received by the Receiver will vary and thereby you can detect the motion of hand
  • Lakshana
    Lakshana
    Nayan Goenka
    Yes I understand your idea. Its good one. Do you happen to know any kind of sensors that are sensitive to touch on the surface which can be deployed on the body of the gadget itself. Not the screen touch type. I think that sort of thing can help you too.
    i'm sorry... could you be a little more clear about your point??
  • Lakshana
    Lakshana
    Conqueror
    Use telemetry sensors or IR sensors they can easily detect the variations in the position of the hand at any instant time

Another solution is having a low frequency IR source and a receiver If the source is altered(moved) Then the intensity of IR received by the Receiver will vary and thereby you can detect the motion of hand
    thank you for the information... will try to implement any of your ideas.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Lakshana
    i'm sorry... could you be a little more clear about your point??

I dont know if this is available but I am giving it a try

Is there any sensor available to detect touch on surface of gadgets? That can serve the purpose. Like touchscreen on mobiles. You are working on gesture control, this sensor can help for this project.
  • Lakshana
    Lakshana
    Nayan Goenka

Is there any sensor available to detect touch on surface of gadgets? That can serve the purpose. Like touchscreen on mobiles. You are working on gesture control, this sensor can help for this project.
    hmmm... i haven't heard about any such sensor... but i ll try see if i can find any.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nayan Goenka

mate direct interface is not possible but we have tech to do that for us

Vibrations Turn Any Surface Into Responsive Touch-Screen
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    mate direct interface is not possible but we have tech to do that for us

Vibrations Turn Any Surface Into Responsive Touch-Screen

This is you are talking about making screen as touch sensitive. My doubt was a sensor which will make the body of any gadget, touch sensitive, Like a Coffee Machine or Radio or Juicer, mixer etc.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nayan Goenka
    This is you are talking about making screen as touch sensitive. My doubt was a sensor which will make the body of any gadget, touch sensitive, Like a Coffee Machine or Radio or Juicer, mixer etc.
    Making a plain surface touch sensitive is itself not easy so irregular objects

And what is the use of having an irregular object touch sensitive

PS: We are drifting away from topic gesture can easily be sensed using intensity of radiation tx and Rx that will be the easiest to do
  • Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    3 Axis Accelerometer can sense tilt & acceleration..
    It can be built into a hand glove\ attached under palm for sensing hand movements...
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Lakshana
    Lakshana
    Cyborg 009
    3 Axis Accelerometer can sense tilt & acceleration..
    It can be built into a hand glove\ attached under palm for sensing hand movements...
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    thank you for your suggestion...!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can any one suggest a suitable controller that can effectively control pH which is a non linear parameter. In an IEEE transaction paper, I have noticed that conventional P &...
what is theory of equal transit times ??
Broadcom has announced new BCM7584 platform for Multi-System Operators (MSOs) in developing markets. It claims that this platform will enable MSOs to cost-effectively deploy two-way Set Top Box (STB) solutions...
Extremes of temperature can cause damage to the roof in many ways. Design and regular inspection can mitigate the problem. https://cr4.globalspec.com/blogentry/23005/How-Extreme-Heat-Damages-Your-Roof?frmtrk=cr4digest
Below is a listing of MS-DOS commands most commonly used and that you will most likely be using during a normal DOS session. 1. cd for change directories 2. cls...