TCS Next Step (nextstep.tcs.com) Application, Pre-Requisites & Procedure

TCS recruits hundreds of engineering graduates through their placements portal TCS Next Step ( nextstep.tcs.com ). It's a gateway for the fresh computer science, IT and other engineers into the world of India's biggest IT company. Let me quickly take you through the application procedure and pre-requisites of applying to TCS via their nextstep program.

Pre-Requisities For TCS Next Step

On the front page of the website, you'll be presented with two options - first for the campus recruitments (aka the colleges that TCS visits directly for the recruitment ) and second one for the direct applicants. Choose the suitable option carefully and proceed to filling the form.

If you are applying through campus, then you will be asked to select your college from the list. If your college name does not appear in the list; you should proceed towards registering as a direct applicant or simply get in touch with your TPO officer for further help.

The direct registration form is quite straightforward. You're asked to select your degree and then fill up the form that shows up on your screen. Make sure that you read out the instructions before you start filling up the form. It's not advisable to make mistakes and submit incorrect / half-complete application form and then follow up with the representatives with the corrections. Be careful while filling up every detail.

Following Information (Pre-Requisites) Would Be Handy

When filling up the application form, keep following information handy: Your personal details, academic performance (aka marks obtained in all the semesters), passport details, information about your third & final year engineering project. TCS may ask you for the documentary proof at the time of interview or joining. I strongly advice not to fill up any incorrect information in the form because the ramifications of providing incorrect information to TCS could be disastrous for your professional career.

Passport Size Photograph Is Required: Note The Specifications:

The TCS Next Step application program asks applicants to upload their passport size photograph. Note that the maximum size of your photograph should be less than 500 KB. If you're scanning your photo, make sure it's in the .jpeg or .png format and double check the size of the photo before you upload it.

Uploading Your Resume / Bio-Data:

You can choose to upload your resume in the .doc , .rtf, .txt, .docx format. Again, the limit on the size of the resume is 500 KB. Lot of students prefer to include their photograph in their resume which makes the file size larger. Remove your photograph from your resume before uploading it. Try to keep the length of your resume restricted to about 2 pages.

Important Step: Download Application Form In PDF Format

Don't forget this important step. Download the application form in PDF format once you successfully submit your application. It' will have the CT/DT Reference Number which would come very handy if you are communicating with TCS over any issues or in any general communication over your employment or application status.

If you are a direct applicant, then take the print out of the application form on A4 size paper. Once you receive a call from TCS, you can download your hall ticket from the TCS NextStep portal.

If you have any questions about using TCS NextStep portal, please feel free to post your questions here. All engineers here would be happy to answer and solve your queries. Wish you all the best!

Replies

• 31prem
    31prem
    Hi sir i appeared in exam in feb. now after 6 months i want to try again. so i have re-register myself with next- step? if no then plz tell me the procedure...
    Thanks
  • katabathuni deepthi
    katabathuni deepthi
    hello sir; I am doing my final year B.tech. And I am interested to join for the TCS 2016 off-campus placements and have gone through the registration process.But I got struck while filling up the institute name in the registration form. The institute where i am doing my graduation is not there in the "type of filters" provided in the form. And hence I am unable to proceed further.So, could you please help me with this? How can I specify my institute name in the space provided? (my institute name is A.V.N. Institute of engineering and technology;hyderabad).
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    There should be option named Other that will further ask you to specify name, I have not applied it but it should be there
  • Rahul bhattacharya
    Rahul bhattacharya
    After filling up the form for tcs off campus drive I have downloaded the application form.Is there anything more I Hava to do after that????
  • Sunita chakraborty
    Sunita chakraborty
    After calling for an interview is it necessary to apply next step portal rly me soon plz..
  • Sri Barbie123
    Sri Barbie123
    What should I fill in marks tab in graduation column if I'm a final year student?Do I need to write till 3rd year as I have not yet completed my BTech?Please reply sir.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Rahul bhattacharya
    After filling up the form for tcs off campus drive I have downloaded the application form.Is there anything more I Hava to do after that????
    Sunita chakraborty
    After calling for an interview is it necessary to apply next step portal rly me soon plz..
    No. That is enough.
    Sri Barbie123
    What should I fill in marks tab in graduation column if I'm a final year student?Do I need to write till 3rd year as I have not yet completed my BTech?Please reply sir.
    #-Link-Snipped-# Can you post a screenshot here? It will help us help you better and easily. For this question, if the system lets you enter 3rd year marks, you can go ahead and enter them. Since you haven't appeared for final year exams yet, that's the best thing to do. Some people however consult with their college's T&P department and if they say so, they choose to go with an aggregate of marks from 1st to 3rd year or 2nd and 3rd year.
  • Goldenbridge Gated
    Goldenbridge Gated
    Hello there,

Our college is not listed under the Institutes drop-down. Any way that I could still apply?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Goldenbridge Gated
    Hello there,

Our college is not listed under the Institutes drop-down. Any way that I could still apply?
    Your question has already been answered here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Utpal Patel
    Utpal Patel
    Hi, I have filled the form and completed all the details. When I will be called for an interview? I have applied as Direct applicant.

Anyone please help in this.
  • Roshan p
    Roshan p
    Can i attend tcs campus placement without registering in campus portal
  • Swetha B S
    Swetha B S

where should i have to find the application form

• valiveti neelima
    valiveti neelima

I have already submitted my application form in nextstep.tcs.com .Is there any chance to edit my application.please reply me sir/mam

• Priyanka Christy
    Priyanka Christy

Job requirements 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just stumbled upon the WSJ article on New York City Board Of Health banning the sugary drinks and Soda. I immediately recalled our LONG debate on Alcoholism at the same...
hie, iam using ATMEGA 16 and i want to experiment its ADC.. iam using a simple potentiometer to convert its voltage to digital..i want to know on what factors do...
Consider the following Boolean function of four variables: f (w, x, y, z) = (1,3,4,6,9,11,12,14 ) The function is: (A) independent of one variables. (B) independent of two variables. (C)...
Hi Friends i have come here to share my thoughts with you, and gain some knowledge through our senior colleague.
In the context of electronics engineering, what do you mean by a Transient State? I want to know the details of it. Please explain this term.